• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another incident for Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like Avantair had another gear mishap today, this time at TEB.

The unofficial word from tower was that one of the tires blew but the controller wasn't there to witness the incident. The plane ended up pointing north right in the middle of runway 24. Closed down the runway for at least an hour and forced TEB to use runway 19 for arrivals and departures along with everyone's favorite, the Dalton 19 departure.

Here's what I managed to get for a pic:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/nhpilot01/p180.jpg

Anyone have anymore details? Seems to be becoming a common occurrence in the Piaggio.

Hey Pilatus Captain just fly your single engine POS and stop trying to talk smack about somewhere you don't even work, and a plane you don't even fly!!!

I spoke with someone who was at the scene and his comment is that the pilot at the controls of the Avanti should be commended for doing an amazing job avoiding the Cirrus. Aircraft have never been known for being agile at high speeds on the ground - whoever was flying that Avanti very obviously did one heck of a job.

I spoke with someone who was at the scene and his comment is that the pilot at the controls of the Avanti should be commended for doing an amazing job avoiding the Cirrus. Aircraft have never been known for being agile at high speeds on the ground - whoever was flying that Avanti very obviously did one heck of a job.

Absolutely!!

I get to hear about yet another 'Training Incident' in the next conference call.

Kudos to the crew for taking care of themselves! :beer:

Back to my Pilatus POS.......;)

The crew of that Piaggio are complete and total bad-a$$es for avoiding that collision. The Cirrus pilot owes his life to them, and the only guy who might have to go job hunting is the controller.

Hats off to the crew!!!

No gear failure at all...and absolutely NOT the FO's fault!! Tower cleared both airplanes for takeoff and they aborted to miss the cirrus which resulted in 2 blown tires...that's it....no gear collapse or anything else wrong!!!

Clearly you don't understand sarcasm. Re-read OYS's post - it sounds pretty sarcastic to me.

Looks like Avantair had another gear mishap today, this time at TEB.

The unofficial word from tower was that one of the tires blew but the controller wasn't there to witness the incident. The plane ended up pointing north right in the middle of runway 24. Closed down the runway for at least an hour and forced TEB to use runway 19 for arrivals and departures along with everyone's favorite, the Dalton 19 departure.

Here's what I managed to get for a pic:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/nhpilot01/p180.jpg

Anyone have anymore details? Seems to be becoming a common occurrence in the Piaggio.

I smell two unemployed pilots...poor bastards

Latest resources

Back