Another headset ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vector4fun

Anybody got a suggestion for a passive headset for my wife? Will be used in a Skyhawk. She says the standard DCs and similar don't fit her well. She's 5' and small frame. $1000 ANRs need not apply.

Vector4fun said:
Anybody got a suggestion for a passive headset for my wife? Will be used in a Skyhawk. She says the standard DCs and similar don't fit her well. She's 5' and small frame. $1000 ANRs need not apply.

What about a $995 bose LOL thats just under 1K

WIPilot said:
... + like $200 in shipping and taxes :p
Not hardly.

It works out to $82.91 a month when you use their no-interest payment plan.

It's the best money you'll ever spend.

:)

It is about 1200 in the end...but I have one also, I do agree it is among the best money you can spend (even for a poor college student like me :D).

Last edited:
WIPilot said:
It is about 1200 in the end...but I have one also, I do agree it is among the best money you can spend (even for a poor college student like me :D).

Either you have a very high sales tax (I thought mine was exorbitant), or your shipping was FedEx First Overnight (guaranteed by 8AM) :).

I paid 10 bucks for shipping, and $92.97 Sales Tax (you made me go dig up the paperwork :)) First payment included those, so it was higher - - $185.85. Add 11 more payments of $82.92, and the total is $1,097.97.

The reduced fatigue, the improved clarity, and the promise of still being able to hear when I make it back to the MD-11 are all well worth the price.

:)

CERTAINLY worth trying them out for a month. Then, send 'em back if they don't suit you. ( I doubt you will. :))

I've worn a bose X in a King Air 350, and Beech Bonaza (run at full throllte props high in cruise), and they're great.

However, my gel sealed DC (passive) with earplugs seem to do just as well.

TonyC said:
The reduced fatigue, the improved clarity, and the promise of still being able to hear when I make it back to the MD-11 are all well worth the price.

Tony,

It wouldn't bother me a bit if she couldn't hear quite so well...

If you're married, you might know what I mean...

:p

I've had my Sennhieser HME 100's for about 1000 hours. Only had to replace the ear seals last month. They fold up very small and are very comfortable to wear, 12.4 ounces.

Latest resources

Back