Another headset ?

Vector4fun

Total Time
Anybody got a suggestion for a passive headset for my wife? Will be used in a Skyhawk. She says the standard DCs and similar don't fit her well. She's 5' and small frame. $1000 ANRs need not apply.

Milkdud99

Total Time
1 or 2
Vector4fun said:
Anybody got a suggestion for a passive headset for my wife? Will be used in a Skyhawk. She says the standard DCs and similar don't fit her well. She's 5' and small frame. $1000 ANRs need not apply.

What about a $995 bose LOL thats just under 1K

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
WIPilot said:
... + like $200 in shipping and taxes :p
Not hardly.

It works out to $82.91 a month when you use their no-interest payment plan.

It's the best money you'll ever spend.

:)

WIPilot

Total Time
It is about 1200 in the end...but I have one also, I do agree it is among the best money you can spend (even for a poor college student like me :D).

Last edited:

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
WIPilot said:
It is about 1200 in the end...but I have one also, I do agree it is among the best money you can spend (even for a poor college student like me :D).

Either you have a very high sales tax (I thought mine was exorbitant), or your shipping was FedEx First Overnight (guaranteed by 8AM) :).

I paid 10 bucks for shipping, and $92.97 Sales Tax (you made me go dig up the paperwork :)) First payment included those, so it was higher - - $185.85. Add 11 more payments of $82.92, and the total is $1,097.97.

The reduced fatigue, the improved clarity, and the promise of still being able to hear when I make it back to the MD-11 are all well worth the price.

:)

CERTAINLY worth trying them out for a month. Then, send 'em back if they don't suit you. ( I doubt you will. :))

paulsalem

Total Time
I've worn a bose X in a King Air 350, and Beech Bonaza (run at full throllte props high in cruise), and they're great.

However, my gel sealed DC (passive) with earplugs seem to do just as well.

Vector4fun

Total Time
TonyC said:
The reduced fatigue, the improved clarity, and the promise of still being able to hear when I make it back to the MD-11 are all well worth the price.

Tony,

It wouldn't bother me a bit if she couldn't hear quite so well...

If you're married, you might know what I mean...

:p

Fly_Chick

Total Time
~1300
I've had my Sennhieser HME 100's for about 1000 hours. Only had to replace the ear seals last month. They fold up very small and are very comfortable to wear, 12.4 ounces.

FracCapt

Clown punchers, unite!
Total Time
18+yrs
TonyC said:
Twenty years in two days - - I ain't sayin' a word.

;)

Well.....apparently you've at least learned a LITTLE something in those 20 years! :D Congrats.