Another headset ?

Vector4fun

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Posts
796
Total Time
1700
Anybody got a suggestion for a passive headset for my wife? Will be used in a Skyhawk. She says the standard DCs and similar don't fit her well. She's 5' and small frame. $1000 ANRs need not apply.
 

Milkdud99

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Posts
97
Total Time
1 or 2
Vector4fun said:
Anybody got a suggestion for a passive headset for my wife? Will be used in a Skyhawk. She says the standard DCs and similar don't fit her well. She's 5' and small frame. $1000 ANRs need not apply.

What about a $995 bose LOL thats just under 1K
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
WIPilot said:
... + like $200 in shipping and taxes :p
Not hardly.

It works out to $82.91 a month when you use their no-interest payment plan.

It's the best money you'll ever spend.





:)




.
 

WIPilot

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Posts
187
Total Time
.
It is about 1200 in the end...but I have one also, I do agree it is among the best money you can spend (even for a poor college student like me :D).
 
Last edited:

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
WIPilot said:
It is about 1200 in the end...but I have one also, I do agree it is among the best money you can spend (even for a poor college student like me :D).

Either you have a very high sales tax (I thought mine was exorbitant), or your shipping was FedEx First Overnight (guaranteed by 8AM) :).

I paid 10 bucks for shipping, and $92.97 Sales Tax (you made me go dig up the paperwork :)) First payment included those, so it was higher - - $185.85. Add 11 more payments of $82.92, and the total is $1,097.97.


The reduced fatigue, the improved clarity, and the promise of still being able to hear when I make it back to the MD-11 are all well worth the price.


:)




CERTAINLY worth trying them out for a month. Then, send 'em back if they don't suit you. ( I doubt you will. :))
.
 

paulsalem

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Posts
1,234
Total Time
5,300
I've worn a bose X in a King Air 350, and Beech Bonaza (run at full throllte props high in cruise), and they're great.

However, my gel sealed DC (passive) with earplugs seem to do just as well.
 

Vector4fun

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Posts
796
Total Time
1700
TonyC said:
The reduced fatigue, the improved clarity, and the promise of still being able to hear when I make it back to the MD-11 are all well worth the price.


Tony,

It wouldn't bother me a bit if she couldn't hear quite so well...


If you're married, you might know what I mean...

:p
 

Fly_Chick

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Posts
311
Total Time
~1300
I've had my Sennhieser HME 100's for about 1000 hours. Only had to replace the ear seals last month. They fold up very small and are very comfortable to wear, 12.4 ounces.
 

FracCapt

Clown punchers, unite!
Joined
Mar 11, 2004
Posts
1,415
Total Time
18+yrs
TonyC said:
Twenty years in two days - - I ain't sayin' a word.


;)

Well.....apparently you've at least learned a LITTLE something in those 20 years! :D Congrats.
 
Top