Another contract question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
There was this guy in Green Bay that thought the cable company was spying on him through his cable television, so he went down there by Mason St. and whacked a few of the cable employees in their office on the west side. The Green Bay SWAT team then caught up with him and made him into a No. 2 pencil.

Correlation? He signed a contract for cable television...don't be that guy.

I don't know your circumcision and I got a lot of money into college and resent your attitude about legal advice. I wouldn't freaking ask you to teach me how to fly for free, so get your snotty attitude on down to the lawyers office and show him your stuff and shut up.

If you don't like it, I need to get an ATP...start teaching for free mo fo.

and if you thought I was being angry while posting, I wasn't. I was just testing out my new joystick from DeVry Law school dot com.

There's been numerous posts about this subject and I'd be glad to look up that case case again and post it. However, if you want legal advice and your ass is in a bind, I'd go see the attorney of your choice. Don't waste time on an open forum with this.

I can tell you this much, If I needed a Jewish Ninja with a pony tail, I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time gabbing about the problem here.

FreightNazi said:
Yeah, you should have made it to your Eagle checkride in time!
Yeah, no kidding! Now I am going to miss out on the 10 year upgrade, the neat little monkey suit, the shiny jet, and the joke of a paycheck! Whatever will I do????

And FN FAL- thanks man! But uh, look at my last post in the thread before this one. It's all worked out... :cool:

FN FAL said:
I don't know your circumcision
i havent signed many contracts, but i'm pretty sure that was never mentioned in any of them. sounds more painful than just paying the money!

One of the posters mentioned "going on the offensive and filing a lawsuit against the company." I would not recommend this. The reasoning behind this is that when a potential employer calls the former employer, they will get this:

"We cannot speak about (insert name here) as we are currently in litigation with this individual."

Always get a copy of what you are signing. I hope that EatSleepFly got a signed statement from this jerk that by paying back the contract there will be no negative statements provided to future employers about his performance and integrity. Not that you can control that, but if in fact he does make false statements, you can then sue him for defamation.

Do you have the new job yet, Eat? If not, I would certainly pay the money to have a background check done. Make sure they record what he says. (in some states it is illegal; in other states only one person needs to know the recording is happening, i.e., the person making the call)

Let me know if you need a good company to perform the background checks. I have one that has worked with several of my pilot clients.

Good luck to you!
Kathy

Latest resources

Back