Another CFI making the smart choice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CapnVegetto said:
Anybody else find it disturbing that the guy is at about 1000 Feet in a decent and taking pictures?

Yeh, they're in a pretty severe nose down attitude, looks like they're dropping about 2K a minute too.. Ohh. .and the ball isn't centered either!! :) :D

IFlyFL410 said:
Especially on the Dash 8 from PHX-FLG or the B1900 buzzing around in the Rockies!

Man, I'd love to fly the -8...

The Dash 8 is a good plane...they're just getting dated, that's for sure. 1000 hrs in them at Allegheny.

CapnVegetto said:
Anybody else find it disturbing that the guy is at about 1000 Feet in a decent and taking pictures?

Look again... 200 fpm. It maxes out at 2000 fpm.

Yeh, the kid is basically straight and level.. :) Def. not a moment to be snapping a picture. :)

They meant the altitude is at 1000msl. Personally 200fpm is not bad at 1000 especially if you are coming in for a landing, but I do agree you shouldn't be taking pictures if you are about to land especially as the instructor.

He he yep ...that airplane is about to go out of control....172's are known to flip over when ever a picture is snapped

200 FPM is nothing guys. You so much as hit an airpocket, the VSI will show a climb or descent. Remember, it's an instantaneous instrument. Snapping a pic is no more a chore inflight than having an enroute chart or sectional strung out half way across the cockpit trying to navigate, like we've all done.

Sorry Drizzle, nice try. If this post was "Moderator Reviewed, it would have had the time and date stamp on the post as well. It's moderator reveewed now by me- and for your trouble (and cunning) take three days off.

UAL78
The reviewing moderator.

Moderator reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back