Another buffet victim sues an airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ReportCanoa said:
Can you screen every person for seat dimension fitability? Yes. What they should have at the counter, is a chair with aluminum bars in place so that if fat spills out, you have to buy another ticket. Put it next to the carry-on sizer,
:D I can dig it, but will they give a rebate for the thin ones?

NoPax said:
What's that term - floor limit?
A couple pilots and I shared ownership on a twin Cessna and on our first annual the mechs told us some fat dude must have owned the plane because the floor plates appeared stressed out.

FN FAL said:
A couple pilots and I shared ownership on a twin Cessna and on our first annual the mechs told us some fat dude must have owned the plane because the floor plates appeared stressed out.

Stressed out - showing signs of anxiety. They probably sighed when the fat guy got out. I know what you mean though

I think they ought to have a Hippo Fare policy, and market it in a way that takes some of the edge off (Southwest announces its new Hippofare discount: 2 seats for the price of 1 1/2! ) and throw in a jelly doughnut or two as part of the package.

It's not the ## -- it's the cubes!

Voting for the "Will Your SELF Fit In This Chair?" thing at the ticket counter. Spot 'em one (1) seatbelt extender -- that's it.

GogglesPisano said:
Two Seats Needed? 300-Pound Woman Sues Airline
Woman Removed From Plane After Refusing To Buy Second Ticket

CONCORD, N.H. -- A discrimination trial began Tuesday in the case of a 300-pound Exeter, N.H., woman who sued Southwest Airlines after she was kicked off a flight when she refused to purchase two seats.

"I'm hoping that justice will be served and hoping to get a fair case," Thompson said. "It's been painful."

Hoping justice is served with rice and smothered in gravey...

Loose some weight Fat A$$ or buy dos tickets, Biotchhhhh...

Last edited:
DAMN!

Now I understand why SWA's web site says this:

Booking Instructions via southwest.com
  1. Click “Reservations.”
  2. Select your city pair(s) and travel date(s).
  3. Select the number of seats needed (“two” is the typical choice for most Customers of size).
Not all. "Most."

I'm not sure about this one; we'd have to see how many armrests she has to leave up, and go from there. :D

Latest resources

Back