• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another bid to buy Midwest Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NWA doesn't have 2 nickels to rub together.

NWA is viewed as golden by the finacial community for how well they have reduced labor :mad: and other operating costs comapred to DAL/UAL/U, and has investors standing in line to give them money for exit financing.

If said investors think they'll get a better return on thier investment dollar by funding a merger you could esily see NWA be the aquirer in a merger scenario. Also doing it before exiting CH11 makes it much easier to renegotiate or cancel leases on acft they don't want or need in such a transaction

Heyas,

Actually, word is that it's NWA. They don't like the fact that AAI can't really come up with an original idea of their own, such as MKE and IND.

In both cases, NWA was first in when someone was stumbling (Midwest and ATA), and the copycats at AirTran said "hey, lets do that, too!".

So it's payback time...they will either snatch Midwest out from under them, like they did with CAL from DAL in 1998, or they'll start a bidding war so AAI winds up paying substantially more than they would have, either of which accomplishes NWA goals.

Nu

Nu;

Or they could buy/swipe a big chunk of Midwest as a poison pill like
they did to Continental.

Nwa does not like competition in the midwest cities.

Dave B

NWA would be interesting considering FL's upper mgmt's ties to NW and Mesaba? Bad blood or more in the works?
Talk amongst yourselves

Think before you start rumors...
No one can just buy the company. The board has to approve the sale. There is a poison pill in place for whomever tries to acquire too much stock. I don't see what Midwest would bring to NWA or why they would want Midwest. NWA already has plenty of gates in MKE, they've already tried to go to several cities from MKE and it hasn't worked for them. There aren't enough 717's to replace NWA's 9's and the 80's don't fit in anywhere. NWA is in MSP and Detroit why would they want to spend so much cash to get a stronger presence in MKE? What would NWA benefit, other than getting market share in MKE, but for $300 plus million dollars would it be worth it to them? Definately not. At least try to be realistic before starting rumors.

New Rumor?

I heard Midwest Connect/Skyway is going to buy all of Nasa's SR-71s, refurbish the retired ones, and start nonstop service from Waukesha to Tokyo. Bidding will go fairly senior, and pay rates will be in the 70 seat RJ range...

I heard Midwest Connect/Skyway is going to buy all of Nasa's SR-71s, refurbish the retired ones, and start nonstop service from Waukesha to Tokyo. Bidding will go fairly senior, and pay rates will be in the 70 seat RJ range...

Time to go back on yer meds sizzlepants!

Me an Ty Guy buyin Midwest. We gotz a silent pahdner who jus came into some exter cash wit hiz boyz in da "Family" in ANC (dont worry ole Phay-dude, I aint tellin nobody).

We still werkin on da name.

Phay-Dude Express
Ty Guy Air
Best-Air
Tranny-Air
Dairy-Air? (I thinnk dat name stinks, but ole Ty Guy got a thing thing fer Dairy-Air's if ya know waht I mean).

AWWWWW YYEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back