• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another ASA F/O bites the dust

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't you have a cabin to clean or some bags to load?

You gave up any right to ask questions such as this when you defected to the land of clean airplanes and snotty rich passengers.

It was a statement, not a question.. duh....

ok, back to polishing the hubcaps,.....

The same reason they defend the drunks, the delinquents and the piss poor pilots that can't fly....so when YOU ask "what am I getting for my 2%" they can say "look what we did for these folks":D

News flash: ALPA is required by the RLA to defend any pilot who requests it. It's called "duty of fair representation".

The penalty for not mounting a full defense are the union and the individual rep can be sued for damages. When requested, they have no choice.

My understanding in this case, however, was that the pilot in question was probationary, and he "voluntarily" resigned. Federal mail fraud charges are pending.

Last edited:
That's why I was wondering how they caught him. My name is probably on at least 3-4 aircraft logs that were missing headsets this month alone.

ASA bought the headsets from him on ebay and compared the serial numbers. Doh!

Last edited:
Maybe they will put him in the same cell as the guy who smashed up the car in GRR.

FYI, "GRR Man" is flying the line at ASA. He seems to have learned his lesson.

Have you never made a mistake? Everybody deserves a second chance. Get a life.

FYI, "GRR Man" is flying the line at ASA. He seems to have learned his lesson.

Have you never made a mistake? Everybody deserves a second chance. Get a life.

Apples and oranges I would say.

GRR was a booze induced F-UP, which yes, I could see myself doing. Someone who would boost and fence headsets is capable of much worse.

An idiot is an idiot.

A thief is a thief is a thief.

What do you need headsets for in those fancy Barbie jets? Just do like the freight dogs do. Throw in some earplugs, blast the radio over the speaker at full volume and yell across the cockpit to your compadre. If you need to speak to atc, use the handmike.
huHHHHh?
FARs
read the regs
dork
PBR

Apples and oranges I would say.

GRR was a booze induced F-UP, which yes, I could see myself doing. Someone who would boost and fence headsets is capable of much worse.

An idiot is an idiot.

A thief is a thief is a thief.

Don't get me wrong, I was defending "GRR man", not "headset stealing man".

I agree that the headset guy is an idiot. According to a CP he was selling them for $60 and sold about 20 of them. It seems to me that $1500 is a pretty small amout to go to the Federal pen on mail fraud charges for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back