• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another alcohol incident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would NEVER agree to take the alcohol test. I would let them take me to jail or whatever but I'd never blow in that tube.

Correct me if I am wrong but that is not an option. You either have to blow or take a blood test under supervised conditions. I believe our company regs require compliance in this area. A refusal for a drug/alcohol test is grounds for dismissal.

I believe it was a police officer who conducted the alcohol test and therefore it will be a binding test.

suen1843 said:
Remember the golden rule: "He who has the gold makes the rules", and in this case the company/employer is the one with the gold. [/B]

As an aside, I think you may be hard pressed to name any airline (save SWA) that is rolling in "gold" these days.

RJ CAPT, you may be right. I wasn't thinking that authorities or your company could forcefully make you take a drug/alcohol test. If refusal to take the test is grounds for dismissal, then there is no choice except to take the test. Maybe his loosing his job will shake him up enough to get professional help so that he ends up not killing anybody on the streets by use of his car.

rjcap said:
A Delta Air Lines pilot failed a breathalyzer test for alcohol after he was taken off an airplane Thursday at Norfolk International Airport, airport officials said.

Look at it from the bright side, thanks to Gary Shroeder, 42, there will be less one person to be furloughed come January '03. That one guy (gal) must be psyched.

Folks, please help those of us on furlough as this holiday season is a time for goodwill, when many people give their time, money, or goods to help those less fortunate than themselves - do so by SHOWING UP FOR WORK DRUNK, stupid.

crosscut said:
Folks, please help those of us on furlough as this holiday season is a time for goodwill, when many people give their time, money, or goods to help those less fortunate than themselves - do so by SHOWING UP FOR WORK DRUNK, stupid.

I agree....I call it Darwinism.

crosscut said:
...please help those of us on furlough as this holiday season is a time for goodwill, when many people give their time, money, or goods to help those less fortunate than themselves - do so by SHOWING UP FOR WORK DRUNK...
(Maybe if I spike some guys' drinks, I can move up a few numbers...hmmm.)

Better not let your F/O get you coffee anymore.

Thump...Thump...Thump...

I don't know about anyone else, but while reading this thread, I could swear I heard the intermittent thumping of a bible in the background.

Re: Thump...Thump...Thump...

Originally posted by racerX
I don't know about anyone else, but while reading this thread, I could swear I heard the intermittent thumping of a bible in the background.
Speaking for myself, the fact that I don't drink has nothing to do with any religion or other artificial belief system. I just chose not to drink metabolic poisons (alcohol, for example) on a regular basis.

And...it tastes like sh_t.

(I know, I know: nobody drinks it for the taste...)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back