• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another AirNow EMB-110 Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yes it did happen, unfortunetly for that pilots family. It happened on his second attempt at the approach, kept flying straight ahead no turn

Is it not time for the FAA to take a closer look at this operation?

I've seen the planes occasionally on the ramp, there is no way I would fly in the front or back of them. I know with good maintenance airplanes can fly forever, but c'mon man....too many going down.

I had the honor of flying with the pilot in this terrible crash. I thought he was a great pilot and person. May he rest in peace and god be with his family.

A toast Ladies and Gentelmen,

I am sure he went down fighting. Losing a fellow Freight Dog hits home.

I have him and his family in my thoughts.

Sad to hear that they lost another. It really makes me wonder about what is going on there theses days when they are loosing so many(not necessarily this one yet though) to pilot error. I heard the FAA stepped in immediately and grounded all the bandits unless they were operated with 2 pilots. I dont know if that would help too much when most if not all of the pilots have no idea what to do with another soul in the plane besides help them push boxes. I guess when it comes to this they have to do something tough...

freighthumper said:
I heard the FAA stepped in immediately and grounded all the bandits unless they were operated with 2 pilots. I dont know if that would help too much when most if not all of the pilots have no idea what to do with another soul in the plane besides help them push boxes. I guess when it comes to this they have to do something tough...
Personally, I'd want another pilot in that kind of turbine equipment in the weather and airports these guys have to deal with. Simply having another pilot along doesn't guarantee success, and it also may be a distraction for some. If you formally share the duties, it works well.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back