Another 63 on the street at FLOPs

EX_CV580FR8Dawg

De Oppresso Liber
Total Time
>1
Just in.....

63 more on the street...

Thanks for destroying the company ********************finger you ********************stick... how long will it take before BAA realizes they effed up????

substandard wages and the first to furlough and the most... $hitfinger did more to hurt this company than the economy has.... what a joke

Last edited:

BuckMurdock1

Total Time
7000+
Sincerely very sorry to hear that..my thoughts and prayers are with all pilots/families affected.

doverboy42

Furloughs

I second that, MS did more to bury FO than the economy has..............
HIG should reflect back on this for a while!

glasspilot

Total Time
9K'ish
How many pilots does Flops have? (active and furloughed)

Just curious...having a good thought for those affected.

EX_CV580FR8Dawg

De Oppresso Liber
Total Time
>1
How many pilots does Flops have? (active and furloughed)

Just curious...having a good thought for those affected.
don't quote me, but last i looked there were 500+ maybe 4-500 anyhow. It would be hard to believe that FLOPs was almost 1,000 strong before $hithead took over.

CALRepublic

Total Time
plenty
Is FLOPS coming unglued or is this a way of saving some cash-self preservation??

very sorry to hear this, I can't even imagine how you guys must feel right now.

jetwash

Total Time
23 yrs
537 On seniority list

167 on furlough (31% of pilots)

Last edited:

Dingo221

Total Time
Enough
Not anymore.
537 - 67 = 464.

It sucks but the numbers are the numbers

SilverSurfer

Total Time
lots
Is FLOPS coming unglued or is this a way of saving some cash-self preservation??

very sorry to hear this, I can't even imagine how you guys must feel right now.

Some is due to slow down but much of this is posturing for negotiations. Friends in scheduling tell me that we are not a slow as Tyler is wanting us to believe and we are selling off a boat load of charter, charter that could still be serviced by our jets and crews. These furloughs help to paint the sky is falling tone as we are moving into the final financial phase of negotiations. Shortly after completion of the contract they will miraculously find a way to bring a large number of our guys back. Playing games with peoples lives.

Thanks Ford & Harrison you sh!tbags.:angryfire

EX_CV580FR8Dawg

De Oppresso Liber
Total Time
>1
Some is due to slow down but much of this is posturing for negotiations. Friends in scheduling tell me that we are not a slow as Tyler is wanting us to believe and we are selling off a boat load of charter, charter that could still be serviced by our jets and crews. These furloughs help to paint the sky is falling tone as we are moving into the final financial phase of negotiations. Shortly after completion of the contract they will miraculously find a way to bring a large number of our guys back. Playing games with peoples lives.

Thanks Ford & Harrison you sh!tbags.:angryfire
and i bet those jagbags at F&H advised middle and upper mgt to take pay cuts as well to show solidarity in keeping the company afloat!

scav8er

Total Time
Anyone know when the now junior guy was hired? Sometime in 2001 mabey?

52Vincent

Worlds Fastest Motorcycle
Total Time
I feel your pain. Sorry to hear it. Best of luck to any and everyone in this position.

dime line

Total Time
nuf
I love how were the lowest paid, stay in crappier hotels, have the worst medical, waste more on plane paint jobs ( if they still have paint on them), yet we still lay off 167 pilots. This just dosen't add up.

captain dad

Total Time
Free
Really sorry to hear the news. I just wanted to offer my support. Hope it will be a short time away.