• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ANG: Part Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm still uber worried about my GPA though. I really think it is going to stop me. Being so far along in school its just about impossible to pull it up.

Albie/Weasel...etc. Feel free to correct me as I have never been a part of a hiring board, just hired by one.

Not sure how bad this GPA is but I had a 2.9, still managed to get picked up by a fighter unit. My advice is do your best to raise your GPA with what school you have left (as if you need to be told this). But don't sweat it, there is nothing that can be done to help it now. It may be a none issue, you never know. If it does come up in the interview, own up and show that you can take responsibility. Maybe point out that you lost sight of your goal or whatever happened, but that you recaged your gyros and worked hard toward the end of college to bring that back up. We're all human...everyone makes mistakes, they want to see that you learn from them and correct the situation.

If I were to offer some advice...First, drop your resume off in person. Talking with the head of the hiring board pays huge dividends. Let them be able to put a name with a face. It shows you really care and are not just firing resumes everywhere. Second, if they give instructions on how to put your packet together, follow them. If it says put a staple in the upper left corner, do it. Sounds simple right, but I have heard many stories of that getting messed up. Finally and most importantly, BE HONEST. I know the interview can be extremely stressful but try to stay calm and be honest. They just want to get to know you and see if they will be be able to hang with you for the next x years.

If you do get and interview and should you not get selected...don't be afraid to follow up. Find out what you could work on to improve yourself and your resume for the next board. Let them know you look forward to applying again the following board. This shows eagerness and persistence, they love that stuff.

Goodluck Bro.

Latest resources

Back