And you thought paying for a coke was bad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Networ-King

O'Leary is the biggest POS Ceo out there and this is the scumbag that I said we all had to watch out for here in the states. I believe that skybus was trying to emulate this idiots idea of an airline. Looks like he's up to more "cost cutting".

February 27, 2009
Irish carrier Ryanair, Europe's largest budget airline, might start charging passengers for using the restroom while flying, chief executive Michael O'Leary said on Friday.
"One thing we have looked at in the past and are looking at again is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door so that people might actually have to spend a pound (USD$1.43) to spend a penny in future," he told BBC television.
He said this would not inconvenience passengers traveling without cash. "I don't think there is anybody in history that has got on board a Ryanair aircraft with less than a pound."
O'Leary has a reputation as a cost cutter, expanding Ryanair by offering low headline fares and charging extra for items such as luggage.
Last week, Ryanair announced it was to shut all check-in desks at airports and have passengers check in online instead.
"We're all about finding ways of raising discretionary revenue so we can keep lowering the cost of air travel," he said.

(Reuters)

I believe Ryan Air pilots have to pay for their own hotel rooms during recurrent. Not 100% sure, but seems like I've heard that more than once. So..... I'm thinking if that's true then they'd be paying to use the pisser as well. Can anyone verify the hotel room thing on here?

Net

I believe Ryan Air pilots have to pay for their own hotel rooms during recurrent. Not 100% sure, but seems like I've heard that more than once. So..... I'm thinking if that's true then they'd be paying to use the pisser as well. Can anyone verify the hotel room thing on here?

Net
Welcome to the world, chief..... I'll bet 90% of other airlines don't pick up your room costs if you go to recurrent.... That is not exactly fair to those who may reside near the city where recurrent is held, and it happens at no place I know of.

-Not that the Rynair guy isn't an inexcusable POS, recurrent hotel stays sure aren't covered around these parts.

Passengers spoke with their wallets. When people scour the internet and drive from MKE to MDW to save $8 on that vacation, airlines are going to keep treating them like the Penny pinching trash they are. The real money already flies corporate or netjets.

Welcome to the world, chief..... I'll bet 90% of other airlines don't pick up your room costs if you go to recurrent.... That is not exactly fair to those who may reside near the city where recurrent is held, and it happens at no place I know of.

-Not that the Rynair guy isn't an inexcusable POS, recurrent hotel stays sure aren't covered around these parts.

What are you talking about? Are you saying that airlines don't pay for hotels during recurrent training? What companies are you aware of that don't pay for a hotel during recurrent?

Well after wearing 9 uniforms for this god for saken industry of ours, maybe you're right and I don't know much about the "world". Everyone I've flown for pays for hotel rooms for recurrent unless you're based in the city you're doing your recurrent in. Guys that are based in ANC for UPS and live in SDF get a hotel room in SDF while in recurrent. Delta while based in MCO provided hotel rooms for recurrent in ATL. British Caledonian and Flying Colours provided hotels rooms in Gatwick or Manchester for recurrent if you were based elsewhere in the UK. Eagle provided hotel rooms in DFW for recurrent while I was based in SJU and ORD..... so you see "chief".... there are many different airlines that do things different and I've heard that Ryanair pilots no matter what have to pay for their own hotels during recurrent. Again I didn't know if that was true or not and that's why I asked someone to verify it on here.

Either way... O'Leary is a POS and his mentality of how to run an airline has already morfed into a little airline in the US called Skybus. We all know how that went. I just hope the charging for the bathroom and the air you breath on a plane stays over there.

Net aka "chief"

Irish carrier Ryanair, Europe's largest budget airline, might start charging passengers for using the restroom while flying, chief executive Michael O'Leary said on Friday.

"We're all about finding ways of raising discretionary revenue so we can keep lowering the cost of air travel," he said.

(Reuters)
Ah... the discretionary whiz. At first it might feel discretionary, but as the urgency increases the discretion decreases. What's next? Some smokin' hot chick squats in the aisle to swap out the sloughed off uterine lining containment device? :puke:

Latest resources

Back