Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Who of the "REgionAL" airlines uses electronic W&B through thier FMS/Acars? A company provided Palm pilot/Calculator does not count!:D

Maybe I should start asking "who does not.."...etc

Thanks folks I am really just too **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** curious.

why would through the FMS count but not a 'palm pilot' like device? Effectively it would work the same. Just filling the inputs and "wallla".

at Chicago Express we use an OBD. Its a hand held palm pilot, i guess, It does all the weight and balance, speeds, and power settings for takeoff, go around and MCP.

With a palm pilot method, how do you transmit a record to the company? Or does the palm pilot give you the numbers and you still transfer them to a paper copy that is retained for record?

palm prg

Can anyone reccomend a good palm based w+b prg to use for the erj?

after getting the numbers from the OBD we have a weight and balance form that goes with our release. It has on there are take off weight, landing weight, are RTOW. It gives us all of our essential numbers.
Its actually pretty neat, we also need to know how to do it long hand as well, with the charts and all.

When I was at ACA they had the program in the FMS in the J-41 but for some reason they never used it. Instead they made the FO do it manually. Personally I like how we do it now at Air Wis - I call load planning with pax and bags and he does it all for me and just tells me what we weigh. Nice, simple, and quick (most of the time).

Palm pilot here...

With a palm pilot method, how do you transmit a record to the company?

Here at Horizon we use a palm pilot for the W&B. All legs of a trip are stored in it until you sync with a docking station that's connected with ops at the end of the trip.

Latest resources

Back