• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And the most overpaid job is....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, besides the fact that the whole premise if that article is stupid, they aren't completely wrong. We do make a lot in exchange for the amount of work we do. I think most people that don't realize this haven't ever been "out there" in a non aviation job.

I'm not complaining...but we have a lot to be thankful for.

There is a piece of paper in my jet, a statement of required insurance coverage in dollars for the possible damages the asset I am in direct control of may cause to people and property.

The number?

$1 Billion dollars.

Give me some salary numbers for the people "out there" with direct control of an asset like that. Please don't include the endless positions where the legal team, the tech reps, the actuaries, the paralegals, stenographers, the main office and a million other committees can come in a day or even a week later to fix the original #### ups of someone described as "in charge" of an asset "out there". We don't get days or even a week. Our timeline is what is in the fuel tanks.

I am thankful for alot of things, especially living in this country.

cheers

You are misinformed on the compensation packages of cops, firefighters and teachers.

in the SF bay area, those are all 6 figure jobs..

We do make a lot in exchange for the amount of work we do.....

We're not getting paid for the "work" part of the equation. We are paid for the experienced decisions we make on a minute by minute basis.

We are the least expensive (yet most effective) piece of safety equipment onboard.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back