and away we go...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enuffalready

it seems the additional furloughs are the news... no new domiciles or skywest type outstation bases.

what can we do to prevent us from becoming comair?

What airline are we talking about? Remember in the end it is those darn people buying, or in this case not buying tickets, that drive these actions.

i agree its the people buy or not buying, but just seems bizarre that skywest owns us and yet hasnt furloughed.. we have one single base...they have many and are furloughing with dim prospects and they are not furlloughing at all

i agree its the people buy or not buying, but just seems bizarre that skywest owns us and yet hasnt furloughed.. we have one single base...they have many and are furloughing with dim prospects and they are not furlloughing at all

Maybe the reason is, SkyW flys for three airlines, ok nearly two airlines and Another Skywest Airline flys for only one. Less flexibility on SkyW part in picking up new flying with only one code share?

What would the alternative be, if OO didn't purchase your company? Have you thought about what may have happened in this scenario?

Skywest was forced to buy ASA.

701EV

it seems the additional furloughs are the news... no new domiciles or skywest type outstation bases.

Nothing. All regionals will eventually end up like Comair. That is why your best bet is to move onto a major when possible. It might take awhile, but I have 38 years left in this industry. A lot can happen. I am not wishing ill upon ASA or any other regional, but I decided that it wasn't worth the risk staying at my regional.

Comair and ASA's situation is totally and completely different. ASA is not wholly owned and is bound by a hard DCI Contract. Comair, as a wholly owned has no teeth to enforce their Contract (sucks). What is Delta going to do, sue themselves? We are in the midst of the worst economic downturn in over 30 years. Yes, there is going to be some pain. This is not unexpected, although it is very unwelcome. Hopefully, just hopefully this bs will turn around and we can get any and all furloughs back....And grow again. ASA is staying financially viable, unfortunately this means more furloughs. As with most Companies today, we are laying off (look at the unemployment numbers lately.) Almost all airlines have furloughed, ASA is no exception. I certainly hope that nobody else has to.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back