and away we go...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gordon said "You are only as profitable as your dumbest competitor."

Sky West did not care about purchasing ASA, they purchased your Terminal in ATL. If DAL does not play fair with SKW they will just threaten to sell the terminal to Air Tran or South West.

DAL has 1st right on any sale. In the ASA DCI agreement.

They are tried

heard some people talking yesterday about how happy they were that their tickets cost half as much this year as last year. The planes have been packed because of less flights-why don't the airlines charge more??
Every time they have rasied the prices they have lost load.

Sky West did not care about purchasing ASA, they purchased your Terminal in ATL. If DAL does not play fair with SKW they will just threaten to sell the terminal to Air Tran or South West.

Not much leverage here- sure looks like construction is at a fevered pitch to finish the addition to the E concourse. I'd say Delta is working on their own gates and wouldn't really need ASA/SkyWest's on D or C. More gates, and deminishing capacity. I'd say the proof is in the pudding.........

Yield Management

well, you don't need as much load if the prices are higher
I am not an expert on it. But it is the 6 AM flight on Tuesday that you cannot fill, so you sell that seat at below cost, because you are going to operate the airplane anyway. Do you park the airplane on Tuesdays and Wednesdays? Now the overhead of the airplane has to be covered in five days instead of seven which will raise costs on the rest of the week. It is impossible for an individual airline to raise the prices because of place like Kayak, Priceline, etc. My wife travels DTW to ABQ on a regular basis, she is always shopping. She has the luxury of traveling on any day at anytime, so she shops by price only. Travels on Tuesdays and Wednesdays mostly. SWA used to be the cheap ticket place, but when the TA failed last May they raised their advance purchase ticket price to over $400 RT, within two weeks they dropped it to around $350 RT, then a couple weeks later to $300, now it is down to around $240. Why did they drop their prices because those seat looked like they were going to be empty. Airlines are at the mercy of the flying consumer and the internet.

Last edited:
it's a big circle-people don't want to spend as much money to fly, which means some of us lose our jobs and can't spend money to buy things, which puts that flyer out of business meaning they can't fly anymore. it all makes sense

Adam Smith's fault

it's a big circle-people don't want to spend as much money to fly, which means some of us lose our jobs and can't spend money to buy things, which puts that flyer out of business meaning they can't fly anymore. it all makes sense
Sure does Adam Smith figured it out over 200 years ago. Wealth of Nations, first micro econ text book. Raise prices = fewer riders = fewer flight = fewer pilots. But maybe the fewer pilots will get paid more. Who wants to be the first to give up there job so others can make more. As some one else psoted here, we have meet the enemy and it is us.

Not much leverage here- sure looks like construction is at a fevered pitch to finish the addition to the E concourse. I'd say Delta is working on their own gates and wouldn't really need ASA/SkyWest's on D or C. More gates, and deminishing capacity. I'd say the proof is in the pudding.........

There's only going to be about 8 or 9 gates at the new terminal F. It's mostly for landside access to ticketing and baggage claim so the international passengers don't have to re-clear security and take the train to the main terminal.

As some one else psoted here, we have meet the enemy and it is us.

I'm fairly certain based on your signature and your previous stated belief that a high school drop out can safely handle an airplane just fine, that you are enemy numero uno.

Latest resources

Back