ANALYSIS: Southwest's route game in Atlanta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did a google search for GENERAL LEE and look what I found:

DEFINE GENERAL LEE: General Lee is the same as D*O*U*C*H*B*A*G generally refers to a male with a certain combination of obnoxious characteristics related to attitude, social ineptitude, public behavior, or outward presentation.

Though the common D*O*U*C*H*B*A*G thinks he is accepted by the people around him, most of his peers dislike him. He has an inflated sense of self-worth, compounded by a lack of social grace and self-awareness. He behaves inappropriately in public, yet is completely ignorant to how pathetic he appears to others.

He often talks about how cool, successful, and popular he is, yet never catches on to the fact that he comes across as a total loser. Nevertheless, he firmly believes that he is the smartest, most desirable, and most charming person in the room... and will try to bad-rep anyone who would threaten to expose this facade.

He fancies himself a ladies’ man, yet tends to be a joke to all but the most naive of women. He tries to portray himself as part of the in-crowd (a fashionista, an upwardly mobile professional, the life of the party, etc.) but only succeeds in his own mind.

To everyone else, he is an annoying and arrogant phony who comes across as a wannabe overcompensating for his insecurities. He tries to appear like the center of whatever group will tolerate him, but in reality, he is just a tag-along who mooches drinks, women, contacts, social standing, and other benefits from the group... while contributing nothing.

SO how did GOOGLE get it RIGHT !

You think it's a crock of dung because you really wanted another US Air scenerio with Southwest and Airtran. It ain't happening Gen. Sorry you missed out.

So you can attempt to stir the pot all you want, but the deal is done and everyone will be together on 1/1/15. Document written, voted on, and the ink is dry. How many years are you going to drag this tag line out for? Just add it to your insistent LBB banter. As stated earlier, you sound like a high school idiot arguing with your sister.[/QUOTE

One Basic question for you Sir-

Was the buy out of AT a good business move or a knee jerk reaction to protect market share ?

One Basic question for you Sir-

Was the buy out of AT a good business move or a knee jerk reaction to protect market share ?

That's a valid question.

I believe Gary Kelly looked at it a couple of different ways and it made sense to make the deal. Like..

1 - Remove a up and coming competitor in various markets. I believe he saw Airtran growing westward and this removed that future battle.

2 - Not just getting a toe hold in Atlanta, but a complete operation, immediately.

3 - Their 737's on property, PLUS the 737 order balance sheet.

4 - Instant Caribbean presence.

5 - The cost was very attractive for what he was getting.

I think in the end it will be a good business decision. Good business decisions usually bring good market share.

Here you go again Red. You attack post numbers because you can't debate. You attack because you have zero facts to work with. You lose, and you layover in Ronkonkoma and LBB. Enjoy your 5 legs today buddy all the way to Omaha.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I did a google search for GENERAL LEE and look what I found:

DEFINE GENERAL LEE: General Lee is the same as D*O*U*C*H*B*A*G generally refers to a male with a certain combination of obnoxious characteristics related to attitude, social ineptitude, public behavior, or outward presentation.

Though the common D*O*U*C*H*B*A*G thinks he is accepted by the people around him, most of his peers dislike him. He has an inflated sense of self-worth, compounded by a lack of social grace and self-awareness. He behaves inappropriately in public, yet is completely ignorant to how pathetic he appears to others.

He often talks about how cool, successful, and popular he is, yet never catches on to the fact that he comes across as a total loser. Neverthehless, he firmly believes that he is the smartest, most desirable, and most charming person in the room... and will try to bad-rep anyone who would threaten to expose this facade.

He fancies himself a ladies’ man, yet tends to be a joke to all but the most naive of women. He tries to portray himself as part of the in-crowd (a fashionista, an upwardly mobile professional, the life of the party, etc.) but only succeeds in his own mind.

To everyone else, he is an annoying and arrogant phony who comes across as a wannabe overcompensating for his insecurities. He tries to appear like the center of whatever group will tolerate him, but in reality, he is just a tag-along who mooches drinks, women, contacts, social standing, and other benefits from the group... while contributing nothing.

SO how did GOOGLE get it RIGHT !

That was a lot of work to end up NOT funny. You lose. You and Red can enjoy Harlingen together.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So you were here on Thanksgiving? I was at home enjoying a huge Turkey dinner with my family.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So basically you were eating at Boston Market while debating on your laptop with your Family Flightinfo? So essentially you were eating turkey on a plastic plate while communicating with other users (Family) on Flightinfo. That is cool they have free wifi at Boston Market!

That's a valid question.

I believe Gary Kelly looked at it a couple of different ways and it made sense to make the deal. Like..

1 - Remove a up and coming competitor in various markets. I believe he saw Airtran growing westward and this removed that future battle.

2 - Not just getting a toe hold in Atlanta, but a complete operation, immediately.

3 - Their 737's on property, PLUS the 737 order balance sheet.

4 - Instant Caribbean presence.

5 - The cost was very attractive for what he was getting.

I think in the end it will be a good business decision. Good business decisions usually bring good market share.

Thanks for the response. I was wondering if the pilots were seeing this as a good business decision or a " Jump the shark " moment .

Thanks again.

Here you go again Red. You attack post numbers because you can't debate. You attack because you have zero facts to work with. You lose, and you layover in Ronkonkoma and LBB. Enjoy your 5 legs today buddy all the way to Omaha.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Can't debate? Now that's funny coming from a guy who has to continually put LBB or HRL in his post (along with the new...you screwed the AAI guys) because YOU have nothing better.

Just like in the Rihanna post you made.....you didn't debate. You went right into throwing out Lubbock and the Integration (which had nothing to do with Delta flying around a singer). You couldn't admit you made an idiotic post, so you resorted to throwing mud. That's all you know.

And this gets to the very point that you USED to add good info. Now all you do is try to sling mud and attempt to humilate. This is what you've become General, and everyone on this board sees it the same way. Although Gizmonc's post was lengthy, there was alot of tongue in cheek truth there. Very sad what you've become.

I was getting ready to board my flight to LBB or was it HRL the other day and I was excited to see a NAVY Admiral in the boarding area but when he got closer I was totally confused it was just a DELTA PILOT. What a let down!

Latest resources

Back