ANALYSIS: Southwest's route game in Atlanta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was just there.

There was an impressive amount of RJs parked (as the General keeps spouting)

Problem is, there were more Delta planes parked than RJs!

So you were here on Thanksgiving? I was at home enjoying a huge Turkey dinner with my family. And I bet there were some mainline planes parked, it was Thanksgiving. The new contract states 200 plus RJs will be parked, and 70 added, while we add 88 of your 717s (an excellent deal btw, $100 million paid by you guys to paint and refurbish them and give heavy checks), along with 14 MD90s in 2013. (717s come over 3 years).

So, how was late Turkey at the bar in Midland? I bet it was Fantastic!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wouldn't that mean they are out flying? What about the sea of white hulls & blue tails on the north end? You gotta a lot of parked airplanes to be talkin smack Chum-lee.

Phred

No, lots of open gates with a couple Corndog 737s and a few AT planes. There used to be more waves of traffic, constantly filling the gates. It doesn't appear to be the same these days. I was expecting to see a lot more Corndogs, but that really hasn't been the case. The "invasion" never happened.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Haha. You have no clue. But thanks for trying the positive POS spin.

RF

Hahaha is right. Sorry, it must have been Armadillo. I hope your 5 legs to Boise were good today! Get some sleep, you got 5 more to Harlingen tomorrow. :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

Really I'm glad you were at home having Turkey. But during the busiest time of the year and 20-30 mainline planes parked in Atlanta? Doesn't sound too good to me. Bookings must have been a little light. We were full all day (along with our largest airports), but hey....it's all about you having turkey instead of making money then that makes me happy.

So you were here on Thanksgiving? I was at home enjoying a huge Turkey dinner with my family
Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow, you were home for Thanksgiving?!?! You must be the coolest pilot around to pull of such an amazing feat. :rolleyes:

Wow, you are the coolest pilot around. :rolleyes:

It's good you are starting to realize that above. Unfortunately Redflyer had to fly on the holiday, but at least he got double pay yesterday. That is a great part of their contract. Do the AT pilots get that now?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
It's good you are starting to realize that above. Unfortunately Redflyer had to fly on the holiday, but at least he got double pay yesterday. That is a great part of their contract. Do the AT pilots get that now?

Bye Bye---General Lee
No, but I really like that part of the SWA contract, especially since it lets those of us who will be junior over there who don't care about the double time have the holiday off.

More power to 'em, I'll take every holiday with my family I can get. You could offer quadruple time and I'd pass.

Different strokes and all...

No, but I really like that part of the SWA contract, especially since it lets those of us who will be junior over there who don't care about the double time have the holiday off.

More power to 'em, I'll take every holiday with my family I can get. You could offer quadruple time and I'd pass.

Different strokes and all...

So you don't get double pay on holidays and your "brothers" do at SWA? What total BS. And who gets to keep your bag fees? Another crock of dung. I bet you're not feeling the "luv." Ridiculous. Well, I hope you get all the holidays off when you do blend in with your new "family." Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
You think it's a crock of dung because you really wanted another US Air scenerio with Southwest and Airtran. It ain't happening Gen. Sorry you missed out.

So you can attempt to stir the pot all you want, but the deal is done and everyone will be together on 1/1/15. Document written, voted on, and the ink is dry. How many years are you going to drag this tag line out for? Just add it to your insistent LBB banter. As stated earlier, you sound like a high school idiot arguing with your sister.

Latest resources

Back