ANA Q400 contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ogilthorpe

Any ANA Q400 guys out there? I have an interview coming up and have all the usual questions about schedules, housing, taxes in Japan, ets. Thanks-

Any ANA Q400 guys out there? I have an interview coming up and have all the usual questions about schedules, housing, taxes in Japan, ets. Thanks-

Hi Ogil,

About how long did it take you to score the interview?

thx,
Z

I got a call from them the same day I filled out the online app. They originally told me to expect an interview the first week in July, but now they've been asking questions about some medication I'm on, so we'll see. Good luck!

where are you going to do the interview? SEA? how much time in the q400? they have a liason person that will help you get a place to stay. i believe you can get a decent place for around 1000 a month. if you plan on commuting then some guys share a place and it is around 600 a month.the schedule is cake. about 6 hrs a day duty and 4 flying. real easy stuff. even the ground school dosen't start until 9 or 10 and is over by 5. taxes depend on if you are commuting or not. if you live there you won't be paying any us taxes. since the us has a tax treaty with japan then the taxes you pay in japan count against the taxes in the us. any decent accountant will know what to do. you should be able to get out of paying most taxes either way. i heard the next class won't start until nov. give me a shout if you want to know more and i will do my best.

thunderworm question

thanks thunderworm, i too am very interested. is the 1,000 in commuting assistance paid yearly, monthly, or only once for the 4 yr contract?

it is a 1,000 a month or 7 econ class round trip tickets home a year. from what i know you can change how you want to be compensated for commuting month by month although this might change due to more expats coming on baord.

Latest resources

Back