• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ANA & JP Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does this include IOE or something? What do you for 6 months, that seems like an awful long time!

This is normal training time on ICAO governing nations, we have an awfully short time here in the States. And yes, this include 2 months of IOE

Sorry to bring this back. Any new info on the Interview with these folks?
They just called out of the blue and want me in Japan yesterday.
Any new info, please

Is there a lot of "Black Rain" over there? That was a great movie with Michael Douglas. He sure was a bad arse, and so was that Japanese Mafia guy riding the motor bike.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Even if that's true, if you're not outside of the US 330 Full days in a year, you're going to owe US taxes on it.

That is correct. But someone above mentioned the first $82500 was tax free. I thought for some reason it was $85000? Am I wrong?

I think I remember that some states in the U.S require you to pay state taxes even if your overseas like some of us, but some states dont. I cant remember who does what.

Is there a lot of "Black Rain" over there? That was a great movie with Michael Douglas. He sure was a bad arse, and so was that Japanese Mafia guy riding the motor bike.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It figures....only you would endorse one of the worst movies ever made depicting Japanese culture....

It figures....only you would endorse one of the worst movies ever made depicting Japanese culture....

Anyone moving to Tokyo needs to watch the movie "Black Rain." It depicts real life in Tokyo, from what I am told..... Excellent movie.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thats a minimum base pay of $84,000 per annum. As overseas earnings the first $82,500 is tax free. This is equivalent to gross adjusted of approx $120. If you are single, working at a regional and already have the the 1000 pic as insurance - the opportunity to live in Asia and get heavy experience might suit some. As a comparison Maxjet is hiring FO's - starting pay $53,000 gross.

I know a couple of guys who live within 15 minutes by subway from Ropongi (bar area) and have manageable rents.

Respectfully,

fv

Plus all the happy endings a single american man could ask for

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back