ANA/JAL hire left handers???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

corky

Recently finished the pre-screening medical for a contract with the Japanese. Was told by one of the examiners they don't like to hire left handed right brained people cause we don't follow orders? Any left handers flying for these guys?? That was the first thing the psychologist noticed. then asked me a many questions about CRM. Got the feeling he thought I might not fit in.

I made it past the JAL physical a few years back, but did not accept the job. I am left handed. When you do the wrist grip test just make sure your right hand is stronger than the left. It is considered bad if you left hand is stronger than your right in Japanese culture.

corky said:
Please expand

From the stories I've heard they'll consider you "psycologically unfit" if you fail to praise your Japanese captain effusively enough after he crashes the sim for the third time in a row.

Corky

Did you apply directly to ANA/JAL or use one of the services such as Hawaiian, et all.
I was thinking of using one of the services, and wanted some info from those who already done so.

Thanx

Fearless Leader said:
Did you apply directly to ANA/JAL or use one of the services such as Hawaiian, et all.
I was thinking of using one of the services, and wanted some info from those who already done so.

Thanx

For the ANA contract I used a service. I applied on line, heard nothing so called and let them know I was really interested. They get many applicants so its easy to get burried. From what I gathered they need pilots pretty bad. Their expansion is limited by lack of qualified crew members. But when it comes down to making the decision I think few are willing to actually take the job. Its 20 on 10 off and you must commute to tokyo, you cannot live there. They needed 16 pilots in the last round and they could only get 15 interested.

Um....pearl harbor....oh wait, that's as antiquated a concept as left handers being different... But then again, I still have marks from the nun's beating me :)

This is the worst I've heard so far, do you really want to work for an outfit that thinks like that?

Latest resources

Back