• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An outsiders view of the ALPA/SWAPA story

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your proposal doesn't provide a full accounting of the value difference between the two companies. AT pilots left for swa. True- but thousands more wouldn't leave the military or their regional for AT even though it was attainable.
There is no way to exactly account for it- doesn't mean it's irrelevant.

Should the fact that Air Tran was purchased with profits we helped earn have any effect on the SLI? Since we're talking capitalism...

Your proposal doesn't provide a full accounting of the value difference between the two companies. AT pilots left for swa. True- but thousands more wouldn't leave the military or their regional for AT even though it was attainable.
There is no way to exactly account for it- doesn't mean it's irrelevant.

Should the fact that Air Tran was purchased with profits we helped earn have any effect on the SLI? Since we're talking capitalism...

Please use that as evidence in your possible arbitration hearings upcoming. I hope they post the reactions online, and they won't need laugh tracks. Same happened with Colgan. How did they do in arbitration?

OYS

Last edited:
OYS- at long last: shut the f^ck up- nobody on either side cares what you think

they got bought.

this seems to be a part of the equation so many overlook. whether intentionally or accidentally i don't know, but this is business. there is a time for hugs and all that good warm fuzzy crap, but sorry, this ain't the time. that's what sl9 was about. seems like there were enough pissed people on both side that it was just about right.

he who has the gold makes the rules.

this seems to be a part of the equation so many overlook. whether intentionally or accidentally i don't know, but this is business. there is a time for hugs and all that good warm fuzzy crap, but sorry, this ain't the time. that's what sl9 was about. seems like there were enough pissed people on both side that it was just about right.

he who has the gold makes the rules.

No, that was done away with thanks to the Bond/McKaskill legislation. You can't just staple. Also, all parties seemed to sign the Process Agreement, which outlines the next steps.

OYS

Last edited:
No, that was done away with thanks to the Bond/McKaskill legislation. You just can't do what you want. You can't just staple. Also, all parties seemed to sign the Process Agreement, which outlines the next steps. But, there could be a negotiated settlement prior to that, I guess.

OYS

if you are saying b/m prevents stapling, period, i believe that's wrong. what is "fair and equitable" in one situation may not apply in another. to say there is never a time when a staple could/would be fair we'll have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
MEC vote became a failed attempt for SWAPA to swing the vote of individual pilots via scare tactics.

Don't be saving those 1742 FedEx "fear" packages, you not gonna need them.

Fly-By,

If and when Gary pulls the complete plug on AAI, you still going to be coming on here posting 'Scare Tactics'. If you really don't think he's considering it, your either not that sharp or not listening up.

RF

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back