An Observation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VABB

I was just on the A&P side of the house, and I was very impressed with what I saw. Actually, I was quite impressed with what I did not see. Here is what I didn't see:

Threads with links to a youtube video of someone filming themselves turning a wrench.

Threads about why passengers are rude to them.

Threads about "why my airline sucks less then your airline".

Threads about the use of improper phraseology when asking someone for a tool.

Threads about tools are just that: tools, not dorks who refer to other dorks as tools.

Why can't the pilot threads be more professional? Between this board (and mostly) the regionals board, I've seen some of the dumbest threads.

Why can't the pilot threads be more professional? Between this board (and mostly) the regionals board, I've seen some of the dumbest threads being started.

because most pilots have never had a real job before getting to an airline, and simply aren't very mature. mom and dad paid for everything and still do.

VABB? Surely there must be two with the same moniker. You have to be one of the most unprofessional around. Sheez.

because most pilots have never had a real job before getting to an airline, and simply aren't very mature. mom and dad paid for everything and still do.

I had about 20 "real" jobs before I got to an airline (as a thirty-something), Mom's a dead-beat, Dad's too busy with his 4th wife (and hasn't paid for anything since child support when I was in 5th grade), and I'm still "simply aren't very mature."

I consider immaturity at my age a badge of honor.

You'd never know it when I step onto the flightdeck, I promise.

Threads about tools are just that: tools, not dorks who refer to other dorks as tools.

Ha ha.

I didn't even know what a "tool" was until I was quickly called one shortly after I joined this board. People 'round here love to call one another tools when you make an otherwise unpopular comment about something.

Throwing stones from a glass house??

Certainly not pretending to be the most mature or professional guy here nor am I offended, but dude, you have a "Happy Ending Massage Parlor" avatar and beer-glass-clinking smiley faces in the sig block. Funny, yes, mature or professional, ehh.

BS
Yes, I know my initials are "BS"

Latest resources

Back