An interesting twist of fate.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy_D_Driver

Apparently all the United furloughees that Frontier hired are not working out too well at Frontier Airlines. A lot of those furloughed United pilots that are sitting in the right seat at Frontier with a younger captain sitting in the left seat seem to think that the "way we used to do it back at United" is how the airplane should be flown. Word on the street is that Fontier is having such a problem with this "but that's not how we used to do it back at _____ airlines" mentality that they are going to drop the requirement for pilot candidates to have heavy jet time on their resume.

Another intersting twist of fate is that FedEX is about to open up their application window here in the next few weeks/months and apparently they will NOT be accepting applications from pilots that are furloughed from major airlines. FedEX is apparently only interested in lower time pilots that will stick around for a long time if they are hired. That information came from a FedEX jumpseater who is on some sort of hiring committee at FedEx.

I talked to a couple of Frontier guys about what you posted and they told me that they have never heard of such a thing. Of the very few UAL Furloughee's that I know that are currently flying at Frontier are complete pro's and really doubt that they would act in such a way, one of them was a Frontier Captain before coming over to UAL.

I see you have a whole 1300 hours and fly for lakes? Sooo I guess it will be a while before Fedex or Frontier will be taken a look at ya.

This is an attitude of street captains at colgan air. I hear it constantly. "what a joke outfit this is" "we didn't to it like this at ....." However they do follow the rules here from what i have seen and try to be positive. I don't know about frontier...but the furloughees complaints here are justified!!!!!!!!!! And in some cases the street captains have just quit. And i do work here so do not tell me otherwise.

Heavy_D_Driver said:
Word on the street is that Fontier is having such a problem with this "but that's not how we used to do it back at _____ airlines" mentality that they are going to drop the requirement for pilot candidates to have heavy jet time on their resume.

Hmmmm. Now I'm wondering how some friends of mine who never flew heavy jets got hired at Frontier. Either their hiring requirements have changed or someone does not have their facts straight. In fact I'm pretty sure that one of the guys they hired came straight out of a 135 Metro job. He is a sharp guy but I know that the closest he has been to flying a "heavy jet" has been watching from the jumpseat.

Re: Re: An interesting twist of fate.

embdrvr said:
Hmmmm. Now I'm wondering how some friends of mine who never flew heavy jets got hired at Frontier. Either their hiring requirements have changed or someone does not have their facts straight. In fact I'm pretty sure that one of the guys they hired came straight out of a 135 Metro job. He is a sharp guy but I know that the closest he has been to flying a "heavy jet" has been watching from the jumpseat.

Well how long ago was that? The Management has changed since I interviewed and got shot down. I interviewed at 4/01 and do not have any heavy jet time. Since then, a new CP and a new DO has been selecting candidates and all have been heavy jet drivers. To be competitive the number I was given was around 6000TT and up. They have a pile of non jet and jet resumes. If you have less than 6000TT it goes to trash bin. Hiring has slowed until United's fate or future is determined. That's what I have heard about 6 or so months ago from a Captain currently flying there.

Good Luck all!!

Latest resources

Back