An incredible sight today in Atlanta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EAA sponsoring B-17

I beleive that it is the B-17 "Aluminum Overcast" doing a road show for EAA. They were in Birmingham last weekend. We took of behind it and it was a beautiful sight!!:cool:

B-17 rides

The Yankee Air Muesum at YIP operates a B-17G, probably the one in finest mechanical condition. They gives rides for $400 each, it is about a 45 minute tour of the Detroit area. You can call 734-483-4030 to find out about getting a ride.

The AJC has some photos of the B-17 flying over Atlanta. They are available here under Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

B-17 Sentimetal Journey and the German HE-111 from the CAF just out side of Pheonix (Falcon Field) . They will be on the ground at Greenville Downtown SC (GMU) today thru July 2.

When I dispatched at EGF, I shared a crashpad in Arlington with a few of our pilots, when this new pilot moved in.

One night while I was in ground school I was watching something on the History Channel, and he was reading an ops manual.

I looked over and saw the word RESTRICTED, and I thought, what the ???

Turns out he flew for the Confederate Air Force - he digs in his Helmet Bag and throws me a stack of pictures - him as a Flight Engineer on the B29, on the B25, etc.....

He was reading the B29 Ops Manual.

Talk about an oh-so-cool side gig :)

Latest resources

Back