An appellate court has ruled that creditors may repossess United jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SLOTH said:
Now, why should the various labor groups be held responsible for poor mgmt? It isn't like they had a say in who got in. Ultimately the BoD needs to stop trying to line their own pockets without regard to the longterm viability of the company. Undrestand that I'm not saying that the labor groups aren't responsible for the potential demise of UAL... but executive mgmt needs to be held accountable even after they leave for the mess they've left for other to try and clean up.

True, but just like a parent's bad economic decision can affect their chldren, bad management decisions ultimately affect their employees. It is not fair to ask another company to continue to let UAL not pay them for the 'sake of the employees' a UAL.

The lessors have a right to their aircraft, tragic as the results may be.

Hey I flew the other day with a guy that repo'ed airplanes in the Northeast, man he had some funny stories. Stealing a company's fuel truck to put gas in the jet cause they left it empty to discourage repo pilots. Getting the Sheriff to drive him to the airport, so he could get a few minutes head start on the preflight as the sheriff talked with the FBO.

adqrip said:
Hey I flew the other day with a guy that repo'ed airplanes in the Northeast, man he had some funny stories. Stealing a company's fuel truck to put gas in the jet cause they left it empty to discourage repo pilots. Getting the Sheriff to drive him to the airport, so he could get a few minutes head start on the preflight as the sheriff talked with the FBO.

Or do what Independence did- remove the engines!! I do like that one.

I'm not surprised that this happened to UAL. I am surprised it happened so quickly though!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
100LL... Again! said:
True, but just like a parent's bad economic decision can affect their chldren, bad management decisions ultimately affect their employees. It is not fair to ask another company to continue to let UAL not pay them for the 'sake of the employees' a UAL.

The lessors have a right to their aircraft, tragic as the results may be.

True, true... the lessors have the right to repossess their equipment. As far as the parent analogy is concerned... I guess that's what we really call "legacy"!

SLOTH said:
Now, why should the various labor groups be held responsible for poor mgmt? It isn't like they had a say in who got in. Ultimately the BoD needs to stop trying to line their own pockets without regard to the longterm viability of the company. Undrestand that I'm not saying that the labor groups aren't responsible for the potential demise of UAL... but executive mgmt needs to be held accountable even after they leave for the mess they've left for other to try and clean up.

And when a handpicked CEO couldn't turn holy water into wine, whose
fault was that?

How do you even become a repo pilot?Is there a company that does this?
Yes, there is a company like this. They just took 8 767s, 3 777s, and 18 737s. This is only the beginning. FAs are striking at 0600 in SFO and rolling through the rest of the country at intervals. Hold on to your butts.

skykid said:
Yes, there is a company like this. They just took 8 767s, 3 777s, and 18 737s. This is only the beginning. FAs are striking at 0600 in SFO and rolling through the rest of the country at intervals. Hold on to your butts.

Where was it announced that they are striking at 0600 in SFO?

skykid said:

Is this flame bait of can anybody confirm this?

Latest resources

Back