• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amsterdam...What the???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't more automation what the management teams would desire? One button to T/O and one button to and.

One pilot flying 10 airplanes at once from on on the internet.

Don't worry, they would never get rid of three pilot crews.

What? Oh they did?

Nevermind....

This statement involves all equipment, and should be self-explanatory. Any equipment not properly used could cause a safety issue. All it takes is a little situational awareness of whats going on...isn't this what we are trained for??

I agree it should be self explanatory, but that often seems to not be the case. And yes, I think that is what we are supposed to be trained for, but it seems that too many are willing to abdicate that responsibility. Since I'm sure no one here has ever done it themselves, has anyone ever been on a jumpseat and watched two people both reading USA Today?

I'm not trying to pass judgment on this particular flight, just commenting on some peoples willingness to let automation become the PIC instead of an asset to the pilot.

I agree Tristar, was merely just adding to what u wrote. Sad but true reality is that people let the plane fly them, instead of flying it themselves. I'm guilty of a little reading, but that is no excuse to not look up and make sure things are running ok. It's not a hard task to lower the paper and scan for a few, though some negate that all together.

Isn't more automation what the management teams would desire? One button to T/O and one button to and.

One pilot flying 10 airplanes at once from on on the internet.

Don't worry, they would never get rid of three pilot crews.

What? Oh they did?

Nevermind....

Don't worry, they would never get rid of two pilot crews...

oh wait... check out the MCL - make sure you're sitting down.

If this happens, we're down to 1.5 pilots. Maybe even 1.3 in some cases.

Latest resources

Back