• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I might be the dumbest pilot on this forum but I'm continuing to purchase shares of AMR today as I really don't think AMR will file. I've got several theories(most of them are obvious) on the sudden bankruptcy discussions we are reading about. I just don't think AMR will file if they absolutely don't have to. Here's to hoping this goes like 2003.......

IAHERJ

Same speech as DAL in '04. Amazing with all the good quality companies with solid cash and nice dividends that airline pilots always feel they need to play the airlines. Hedge funds and high freq guys must love us. Hope you bought some downside puts or else go to Vegas and bet on red.

Same speech as DAL in '04. Amazing with all the good quality companies with solid cash and nice dividends that airline pilots always feel they need to play the airlines. Hedge funds and high freq guys must love us. Hope you bought some downside puts or else go to Vegas and bet on red.

First off, we "play" the airlines because it is an industry we follow closely. I am doing exactly that, "playing". That means I am looking at it just like I would look at putting it all on red in Vegas. You cite Delta in 2004. I played AMR in 2003. I didn't hit the sweet spot like some others I know but AMR went below a buck then jumped to 16. Airlines are fun to play because they do "swing" more than those good, quality companies with solid cash and nice dividends.

If I lose, I lose. The vast majority of my money is in high dividend paying stocks(CIM,RSO,AGD,WHX,AFF,PSEC to name a few of the extremes) but I appreciate the advice Nimitz.

IAHERJ

The only way AMR does not file is if all the unions agree to major concessions. If you believe that then buy it up hand over fist.

I might be the dumbest pilot on this forum but I'm continuing to purchase shares of AMR today as I really don't think AMR will file. I've got several theories(most of them are obvious) on the sudden bankruptcy discussions we are reading about. I just don't think AMR will file if they absolutely don't have to. Here's to hoping this goes like 2003.......

IAHERJ

Yup - you are the winner!
There has been so much talk about this - probably the hedge fund guys driving the stock down - amr board approves ch11 - then finance come from other hedge fund to buy and merger next with ??????

Metrojet

Yup - you are the winner!
There has been so much talk about this - probably the hedge fund guys driving the stock down - amr board approves ch11 - then finance come from other hedge fund to buy and merger next with ??????

Metrojet

I'm feeling so dumb. Whatever am I to do.......

AA Pilots would of course go on top of any post merger seniority list. Other pilots would get to learn about proper flying technique, leadership qualities, humor techniques with hot FA's, farting, etc. from the right seat.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back