• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR will explore merger options - WSJ article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't VA still privately held? This would mean Branson is finally ready to cash out.

Yea it is private. Articles have said Branson is ready to sell his flagship Virgin Atlantic, so why not dump his little toy here in America.

It may sound crazy but I could see jetblue and virgin america being merged with AA. The integration would be easy, DOH for everyone which would be a staple, no unions to mess things up, LAX/SFO presence from VX and JFK/BOS/FLL/Caribbean from jetblue. Both carriers have the Bus, JB's E190s would do well in ORD/DFW.

I agree with you on the staple, but AA has already had LAX/SFO/JFK/BOS routes from acquisitions over the years and squandered them.

Whether or not AMR Management really wants a merger, they probably have to go through the motion of talking to potential partners. Otherwise, disgruntled stockholders could accuse them of a breach of fiduciary duty in not seeking out the best deal.

Correct Tom.

Just another box being checked in a legal paperwork process.

In The End, it just comes down to getting what you can, damage control , and walking away from your responsibilities with as much money in your pocket as you can.

Just like Personal Bankruptcy...." Eff You All. it's all about ME . "

How many of you Jet-Set-A-Holes have played THAT game?

( Ooooh, look at my Vette, MY house, MY plane...WHAT? PAY for it? UH, well, uh, my airline went broke so, Uh, NO, I actually can't pay...But, it looked pretty good for awhile. I think I should at least keep the Vette, and the Boat, and the House.....RIGHT?)

And yet, we whine when we see those in Management do the same. I don't defend them. I have made the same accusations against them. I just understand it now.

And SO, the Execs. are corrupt. Pilots, cast no stones. Take what YOU can. Most would do the same.

WHY does any of this surprise the indigents of this corrupt Society known as "Aviation Professionals"" ?

Sometimes, I despise all that I have become associated with. God, please help me find another Path. (?)

Love,

Whine

Last edited:
F9, I highly doubt it. What do we have to offer? Some leases on Airbuses? A hub in which there is plenty of competition and very expensive? A screwed up Integrated Seniority List? Nope, not gonna be F9. We re on our own.

Latest resources

Back