• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR orders 460 Airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The biggest single factor affecting AMRs bankruptcy question is the fact that they have never declared it.

Good luck at American. How many 80s does this replace?

Replaces all of the 80s, about 100 757s and all 15 762s.

The 762s are gone by 2015
The 80s are gone by 2020
the 100 757s gone by prob 2017 or so.

Lots of fleet overlap which = lots of newhires. VP Flight breifing today indicated they plan on ramping up for newhires starting in May/June 2012.

I was wondering about the numbers on if this was not a net growth in planes or an even swap. Good for American and I am even more impressed the great deal they gave the Eagle pilots. Compared to Delta (who shoved many Mesaba pilots expectations to the curb) American seems like they stand by those who they employ. Just an observation about the eagle guys...I am sure pilots might argue they did not do well to the TWA pilots....

Many regional FO's are thinking about bailing to Eagle for the spot in line to go to American.

Replaces all of the 80s, about 100 757s and all 15 762s.

The 762s are gone by 2015
The 80s are gone by 2020
the 100 757s gone by prob 2017 or so.

Lots of fleet overlap which = lots of newhires. VP Flight breifing today indicated they plan on ramping up for newhires starting in May/June 2012.

Since supp CC only allows the former TWA pilots to fly certain airframes, it sounds like aa will suffer an unintended consequence of DH'ing TWA pilots all over the system so they can fly the 767.

That's funny, just this week I was on our weekly conference calls, Airbus will be increasing production on the A320/NEO from 30 something to 40+ per month. AA will be getting these aircraft, money or no money they will work something out ... you can be SURE of that.

Passing along info from two guys I had on my jump seat a couple of weeks ago. Don't shoot the messenger....I'm just repeating what I was told.

I was wondering about the numbers on if this was not a net growth in planes or an even swap. Good for American and I am even more impressed the great deal they gave the Eagle pilots. Compared to Delta (who shoved many Mesaba pilots expectations to the curb) American seems like they stand by those who they employ. Just an observation about the eagle guys...I am sure pilots might argue they did not do well to the TWA pilots....

Many regional FO's are thinking about bailing to Eagle for the spot in line to go to American.

American......... F yeah!

I could be wrong but the Eagle deal is only for any Eagle pilots who are currently on the Eagle list (i.e. anyone who is hired at Eagle in the future would not be part of it.)

Since supp CC only allows the former TWA pilots to fly certain airframes, it sounds like aa will suffer an unintended consequence of DH'ing TWA pilots all over the system so they can fly the 767.

Hi SWA... Nobody is quite sure on how this deal will affect CC. Lots of scenarios being discussed on the APA board (along with the commensurate infighting.. :rolleyes:) My opinion is that CC will be eventually modified to bring in the 737/A320. In any case, we're all just along for the ride as usual. Enjoy the LUV!

I could be wrong but the Eagle deal is only for any Eagle pilots who are currently on the Eagle list (i.e. anyone who is hired at Eagle in the future would not be part of it.)

Your wrong.. Smart move. By AA on campus by OCT 2011. Suck a few FOs from other regionals. AA is aware of the massive 65ers and they have now staffed AA for the next 5-10 years.

Latest resources

Back