Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
Good friend of mine was coming back from Liberia, CR and had made it over Virginia Keys when they heard an American Airlines call mayday on guard. They were apparently descending from 31000 to 15000 and had what they described as numerous failures/problems. Any info on this?

ummm...they ran out of columbian coffee

Also isn't VA key down where the MSA is 15000'. If so there is some truth to that.

Sorry, Virginia Keys is off the Florida coast from FLL. They were somewhere over the Atlantic. They were apparently far enough out that all land based radio could not hear the mayday and other aircraft were having to relay.

I'm sure Fox News will have the most accurate accounts of anything news related.............stay tuned

Sorry, Virginia Keys is off the Florida coast from FLL. They were somewhere over the Atlantic. They were apparently far enough out that all land based radio could not hear the mayday and other aircraft were having to relay.

Virginia Key is near Key Biscayne, close to MIA. VKZ is the ID of the VOR. That is about all that is there.

That is why I mentioned the 15K MSA. I think it is that way down there. Any idea if anytging came of this

Well, in looking at CNN there were no catastrophic plane crashes reported on near the US...unless the Bermuda Triangle claimed another victim o_O

Maybe they just had a pressurization problem?

Latest resources

Back