• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR eagle BK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if the white house buys me my gas, i can buy a mercedes 500 to be my taxi, not my toyota.....

Wake up and educate yourself......me airlines have an unfair advantage.
Germans got it, canadians got it, americans next will get it and soon thereafter the rest of this world

Just to set the record straight...there are no fuel advantages for the airlines in the middle east it is only for the citizens when fueling their cars and on gasoline only. If there was a jet fuel advantage, Emirates would be tankering fuel left and right and we don't. Additionally, 47% of our flights originate in Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America where the fuel is MUCH more expensive than in the good ol' USA. If you looked at the balance sheets of Delta, U/CAL vs. Emirates you would see that EK's fuel bill per ASM is actually higher than the airlines in the US.

Now, care to give me a link to some of the education that you received from your internal Hitler school of hate? I am curious what your information is and where you got it from since you proudly profess that everyone should educate themselves. If you can provide me with some concrete evidence on unfair fuel advantages on JET fuel or how ME airlines have an unfair advantage when trying to obtain route rights, I will listen, but you just spouting rumors off at the mouth just because you don't like Emirates or the Middle East, does not count.

Emirates is injecting $26 BILLION into the US economy on new aircraft in addition to the aircraft they have already purchased from Boeing. That is a huge help to a slumping US economy in times when companies, like American Airlines, that used to be promising to work for, are tanking.

Last edited:
I believe it is pure ignorance when posters reply about grammer or take 3 page to comment on tone from a previous post. Folks on this site get so wrapped around the axle about unrelated items as mentioned above that it takes the discussion down a dirt road with no productive end. If you dont LIKE how someone replies to a post or it doesn't meet your standards on sentence structure or grammar, get over it!!! Discussing views by other posters on certain subjects is meant to stimulate thoughts and ideas about the topic. My 5 year old daughter speaks to her kindergarten friends with more respect and understanding than some flight info "professionals"!!!!

Last edited:
Emirates seems like a pretty good opportunity for those willing to move. I just heard there is a MEsaba pilot leaving for Quatar and a couple more applying there saying it is a good opportunity. Yes there are cons that go with the many pros but one cannot jump on the opportunity if it is not the right thing to do for your family.

issues....
wife does not want to live in a society where she feels repressed
does one want their young children growing up not in the USA?
how does one leave a job overseas for a job back in the USA or are you overseas the rest of your career? Will our majors hire someone working for Emirates or Quatar?

wife does not want to live in a society where she feels repressed
I don't think a wife would feel repressed. She'd have the freedoms that she enjoys here, the right to work, drive, own a business, etc. More likely, the question is can she be engaged enough not to get bored when you are on the road? People usually leave the expat life once the spouse gets bored and both miss family back home and want to move back closer.

does one want their young children growing up not in the USA?
From what standpoint? I think the American school of Dubai beats any public school system we have here.

how does one leave a job overseas for a job back in the USA or are you overseas the rest of your career? Will our majors hire someone working for Emirates or Quatar?

This is a good question. Fedex or UPS will not hire you unless you've had a US residency and lived in the US for the past 5 years. Other than that, I don't think it would be too problematic to come to the US with a major. Your biggest obstacle would probably be just getting the right time off to make it to an interview in the US.

Dont be so sure if many countries Cabotage the arabs like Germany and Canada and dont give them more fligt rights......if so they will be buying pick ups for the dessert for you to drive...and of course they will be paying more than the taxidrivers make in the US.

I wish it happens for the record...no more rights, we should protect our own

The airline pilot profession in the United States WILL NEVER be dead
The profession won't be dead. But when pilots in third world countries make more than us, then yeah it's dead here. There's a reason American pilots are flocking overseas in droves.

I don't think a wife would feel repressed. She'd have the freedoms that she enjoys here, the right to work, drive, own a business, etc. More likely, the question is can she be engaged enough not to get bored when you are on the road? People usually leave the expat life once the spouse gets bored and both miss family back home and want to move back closer.

From what standpoint? I think the American school of Dubai beats any public school system we have here.

This is a good question. Fedex or UPS will not hire you unless you've had a US residency and lived in the US for the past 5 years. Other than that, I don't think it would be too problematic to come to the US with a major. Your biggest obstacle would probably be just getting the right time off to make it to an interview in the US.

Have You ever spent any amount of time in the Middle East?

I just love how 10 years ago the same people here that complained about foreign pilots in America are the ones now looking at working oversees.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back