• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Corporation Plans to Divest American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone else find it funny how worked up people get over these stupid message boards?

sort of funny, sort of sad.

oh well, back to enjoying my life.

The Reality....

SWA is never going to outsource their flying. Ever.
If anything, they will buy a bunch of CRJs and fly them under their own SWA banner...part of their own fleet.

As for Eagle? Better off without AMR greed running the show. I just hope AE takes this chance and runs with it, never to look back.

-FW

Couldn't this be a really good thing for Eagle? It seems to have worked out at XJT...if it is just the same kind of thing, an IPO, why does it spell doom and gloom?

It only spells doom and gloom for those who want it to...some people will never post a positive thing. It will just generate cash for AMR.

If anything, they will buy a bunch of CRJs and fly them under their own SWA banner...part of their own fleet.

An announcement is suppose to come by the 2nd. week of Feb. I guess we just wait and see.

Couldn't this be a really good thing for Eagle? It seems to have worked out at XJT...if it is just the same kind of thing, an IPO, why does it spell doom and gloom?
It does not really spell doom and gloom. But with the uncertainty many do not want to wait around and find out what it spells.

As for Eagle? Better off without AMR greed running the show. I just hope AE takes this chance and runs with it, never to look back.

-FW

You obviously don't know much about this industry to go throwing around "never" and "ever".

SWA will do what it needs to do to make a profit for the shareholders.

an RJ painted with SWA colors and not flown by SWA pilots will be a disgusting step downward in this industry

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back