• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Corporation Plans to Divest American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
an RJ painted with SWA colors and not flown by SWA pilots will be a disgusting step downward in this industry

Wher you been the last 7 years, new guy ?

This industry's been in a steep descent for at l;east that long. The only person who's benefitted during that time is Duane Woerth.

Baker said SkyWest Inc. is still digesting Atlantic Southeast, and neither Mesa Air Group Inc. nor ExpressJet appear financially strong enough to make a deal. He said Republic Airways Holdings Inc. would probably rather compete with Eagle than buy it.
They noted that in recent years rivals such as Continental Airlines Inc. and Northwest Airways Corp. sold their regional carriers, although Northwest has since re-entered the business. Delta Air Lines Inc. is considering selling its Comair affiliate.

Hey people read!! its already in the news

Last edited:
SkyWest is not going to buy Eagle. I heard Uncle Jerry say, "Their flight Attendants are to old and would ruin our ratio of hot flight attendants!"

SkyWest is not going to buy Eagle. I heard Uncle Jerry say, "Their flight Attendants are to old and would ruin our ratio of hot flight attendants!"

Funny, I heard it was because Jerry didn't want to dilute his ratio of pilots by adding a group that would actually stand up for themselves. :confused:

Couldn't this be a really good thing for Eagle? It seems to have worked out at XJT...if it is just the same kind of thing, an IPO, why does it spell doom and gloom?

Our IPO was around $16 a share. Same shares are now around $2.50. Plus hey, we will probably get pushed out of LAX with Delta by OO. Only hiring for attrition now.

You obviously don't know much about this industry to go throwing around "never" and "ever".

SWA will do what it needs to do to make a profit for the shareholders.

Your right, Hobbit stuffer...I know nothing about this industry. I just worked in it for the last 12 years, from Ops to training department to pilot. Also, hubby flies for SWA and we have discussed this bad boy into the ground more times that I wish to recount. Not professing to know everything, either.

Better questions to ask about SWA would be: Who will they announce buying in FEB...??? It's a wide-known fact that they are looking at 2 other airline 737 fleets. Not sure a regional jet will ever factor into their game plan, but it would be cool to think so (but ONLY as SWA owned & operated, IMHO).

I respect SWA and how they operate, and by proxy have experienced quite a bit of their operation and their vision for the company & employees as a whole. I believe they really DO set the example around this industry and will continue to lead it.

Where/what is the basis of YOUR info? Your magic wand and ring?

OMG...did I say Never? Ever? Yeah, I sure think so. Even more, I hope so.

Codeshares aside: It is my OPINION based on what I have seen & read and discussed...that SWA will most likely NEVER outsource their flying. And I agree in full with the comment a few posts back that it will be a sad day in hell for all of us if that ever happens.

Lighten up, honey. ;)
Now....let's get back on topic!

XOXO
-FW

Last edited:
FW - It is my hope that it is NEVER, EVER as well. That would be the beginning of the end. My point was I don't trust ANY airline management as far as I can throw them - even the illustrious SWA. Their goal is to make profits for the shareholders. I hope that this would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER happen. But, this industry has proven time after time that it is totally unpredictable and volitile as he!!.

And no matter the inside info that any one of us has on any one of our companies, when the chips are down...the $ rules all.

Last edited:
Third time now that I've asked on this thread and still waiting for a reply from a skywest employee... Has your company negotiated and proposed a "pay package" in the past that was voted down by the pilots? And what was the counter offer from the company?

The answer is yes, we were offered a jet for jobs opportunity with US Air, that would have put their pilots in the left seat ahead of our own. We were offered the position of growth and it was rejected. The company rejected further talks with US Air.

The answer is yes, we were offered a jet for jobs opportunity with US Air, that would have put their pilots in the left seat ahead of our own. We were offered the position of growth and it was rejected. The company rejected further talks with US Air.

When was this supposed US Airways J4J proposal made to Skywest?

(there's no need for J4J anywhere right now)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back