• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR chief says merger decision may be weeks away: FT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And it doesn't stop their! Same arbiTRAITOR only put 500 east pilots on top- we had ALL the wide bodies and he only put the first 500 on the top. Should have been more. But thats what senile old men do!

Your stuff is too funny. Who picked the arbitrator? Who wanted binding arbitration? Your group is laughable. Your pilots make MESA wages, and your stubbornness is bringing the whole industry down to poverty wages.
Senile old men also don't honor binding arbitration.

APA resolve is awesome. judge lane will probably accept offer #2. horton would be wise to offer a better deal than lbfo if he wants to get paid. wildcat or possibly legal strike threat, creditors will step in on horton if he does not wise up.

That was an arbitrator that did that. You don't seem to understand how the process works, and who pulls the levers.

I love how so many people say the union was not responsible for crappy seniority list integration. Who is responsible for maintaining and protecting our seniority? The company? No, it is our union who we pay dues to. With that in mind, what do arbitrators use to make their decision? If ALPA had a set method down, that was legally binding-that is what they would have to use. Yes, they would take factors into account but in general it is ALPA's policies and past that dictates an arbitrators actions. Like any judge-they do not like to set precedent on every new case they work on, they USE precedent to make their decision. With that in mind-The Pinnacle Arbitrator did not have even close to all the information to make a SOUND decision. So the Q captains with half the longevity of that of the Pinnacle captains and Mesaba captains were put senior even though they were operating under a losing contract that was bound to fail. Same for the 9E CRJ 900's. That being said, he also did not take into account the expected demise of the entire 200 fleet (it was not a plan published but anyone with a little education and fore thought could see it coming). Also, there was no effort into creating job saving fences for our first officers at Pinnacle and Mesaba for now with the loss of the Q's, those captains can come and take their jobs.

I know what your response will be, in effect it will say you do not care about the FO's (and apparently neither did ALPA). Imagine if you were an FO, and barely over 1500 hours and without the merger or even a merger with fair fences you could keep your job for a couple more years (until the 200's all go) and by that time you will have well over 1500 hours, an ATP and everyone was hiring. Oh and about the argument, its not ALPA's fault-you are mistaken. A merger policy or at least not employ idiots to do the merger would be a lot better policy.

*notice how I did not rant about my situation as much as I could have. I am a lot more concerned with the pilots that will lose their jobs two years before I do when no one is hiring. I am hoping to hold on to mine until everyone is hiring and move on as soon as I can.

I love how so many people say the union was not responsible for crappy seniority list integration. Who is responsible for maintaining and protecting our seniority? The company? No, it is our union who we pay dues to. With that in mind, what do arbitrators use to make their decision? If ALPA had a set method down, that was legally binding-that is what they would have to use. Yes, they would take factors into account but in general it is ALPA's policies and past that dictates an arbitrators actions. Like any judge-they do not like to set precedent on every new case they work on, they USE precedent to make their decision. With that in mind-The Pinnacle Arbitrator did not have even close to all the information to make a SOUND decision. So the Q captains with half the longevity of that of the Pinnacle captains and Mesaba captains were put senior even though they were operating under a losing contract that was bound to fail. Same for the 9E CRJ 900's. That being said, he also did not take into account the expected demise of the entire 200 fleet (it was not a plan published but anyone with a little education and fore thought could see it coming). Also, there was no effort into creating job saving fences for our first officers at Pinnacle and Mesaba for now with the loss of the Q's, those captains can come and take their jobs.

I know what your response will be, in effect it will say you do not care about the FO's (and apparently neither did ALPA). Imagine if you were an FO, and barely over 1500 hours and without the merger or even a merger with fair fences you could keep your job for a couple more years (until the 200's all go) and by that time you will have well over 1500 hours, an ATP and everyone was hiring. Oh and about the argument, its not ALPA's fault-you are mistaken. A merger policy or at least not employ idiots to do the merger would be a lot better policy.

*notice how I did not rant about my situation as much as I could have. I am a lot more concerned with the pilots that will lose their jobs two years before I do when no one is hiring. I am hoping to hold on to mine until everyone is hiring and move on as soon as I can.

I'm curious what was your relative seniority at xj and then your relative seniority at the combined company(using percentages)?

Let me guess your relative seniority actually went up at the combined company.

Your union can't do anything if your company decides to declare bankruptcy and shed a crap load of planes.

PS blame the right people my man.

ALPA does have a merger policy. USair MEC decided it was DOH or nothing, not ALPA. The idiots you refer to are the USair MEC.

ALPA has its issues, no argument there but failing to realize the USair MEC is solely at fault borders on lunacy. Both the mediator AND arbitrator, one in the same, told them DOH would not happen. USair has Usair MEC to blame.

And to be clear an arbitrator is not bound by a previous decision. If you are willing to chance everything to an arbitrator and their decision by law is final then that is a YOU problem.

It's possible

AA/JB will be announced in the coming weeks, and then Parker will throw a tantrum!! He will then attempt to convince the UCC that the AA/US combo will provide greater returns....This thing is shaping up to be quite a soap opera..

...sometimes the merger is between two carriers tha t were not being discussed as much. AA has a code share with JB and pretty much gave JB SJU and BOS and partially NYC. It will be interesting times through the end of the year and then some. IMO

...sometimes the merger is between two carriers tha t were not being discussed as much. AA has a code share with JB and pretty much gave JB SJU and BOS and partially NYC. It will be interesting times through the end of the year and then some. IMO

Who needs the NFL...this is going to be the spectator sport of the next year. If we have an AA/JBLU merger, then I get to cheer for the underdog.

If it's US Air and AA...it will be really interesting because both of these groups deserve a b-slap from Karma considering how they have treated other pilots in the past...Am.West guys...I am truly sorry if you have to get attached to this train-wreck...aka AMR.

Time to get some popcorn.

ALPA does have a merger policy. USair MEC decided it was DOH or nothing, not ALPA. The idiots you refer to are the USair MEC.

ALPA has its issues, no argument there but failing to realize the USair MEC is solely at fault borders on lunacy. Both the mediator AND arbitrator, one in the same, told them DOH would not happen. USair has Usair MEC to blame.

And to be clear an arbitrator is not bound by a previous decision. If you are willing to chance everything to an arbitrator and their decision by law is final then that is a YOU problem.

Best post of the year!

Latest resources

Back