AMF gear up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pun intended?

Ha! I thought the same thing when I read this.

Have a buddy who's student pulled the gear up on a C182rg first thing on a go around, followed by a trim stall back to the runway. He said that was the longest walk he's ever taken... from the plane back to the office. He didn't get fired but the student never came back.

There's life after a crash at Ameriflight. I used to know a guy who crashed one of their airplanes outright...total...kaputski. He was "Richarding" around and bumped into some things he shouldn't have. Totally his fault, he admitted it, and we all respected him for that.

Eventually, he made it to widebody captain at a cargo company. True, it wasn't a "legacy" carrier, but I doubt he was ever destined for legacy pax anyway.

Some of the best guys out there are the ones who've made mistakes and owned up to them.

There's life after a crash at Ameriflight. I used to know a guy who crashed one of their airplanes outright...total...kaputski. He was "Richarding" around and bumped into some things he shouldn't have. Totally his fault, he admitted it, and we all respected him for that.

Eventually, he made it to widebody captain at a cargo company. True, it wasn't a "legacy" carrier, but I doubt he was ever destined for legacy pax anyway.

Some of the best guys out there are the ones who've made mistakes and owned up to them.

Good for him. I'd take a co-pilot like that over the guy who's never make a mistake (or at least so they say).

Latest resources

Back