• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMF Billings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

So there is not a lot of respect for the FOs huh.

I thought it would be cool to get paid a little extra to babysit until I had the pleasure of flying with an FO the other day. I realize the single pilot thing has made me a loner, or at least I don't play well with others in the cockpit anymore.

Now I know next time I get in a cockpit with a pilot with less than 200 hours, I will give a lecture on cockpit sterility and use the word shutup more often. I will also insist on doing all the switholigy until I know he won't turn off comm 1 while on an approach.

It's easy money, but I missed the empty seat. The empty seat provided me better CRM than my FO. It doesn't help my 2 pilot flows training consisted of a few hours, many hundred hours of single pilot flying ago.

So there is not a lot of respect for the FOs huh.
LOL, I felt animosity from day one in ground school. But then once I got to know everyone, it turned out to be a great experience and a source of many referrals.

If you're a loner, nothing personal, you don't have to take an FO, especially if you think they're hazardous to your flight. On the other hand, I appreciate those who had patience with me and realized that there was more to me than the label FO or PFT.

Yeah, I hear ya about some of the FO's. I've had my share of crappy FO's in PDX. Well, it was only one and he had a bad reputation all around. Generally, I don't like it cause they sit on my desk and then I have no where to put my paperwork. BLAH!

On the other hand, personally I HATE flying by myself and always welcome someone to join me, help me out with my duties, gain a little experience, and more importantly, keep me company! Always had a nice time flying with T.Builder.

To answer Psycho's questions about SLC Metro lines... Currently we have runs to Idaho Falls, Rock Springs, Jackson Hole, Elko and then reserve. However, we only have 4 metro pilots, so no real reserve right now.

After peak, assuming it all goes back the way it was, we'll have Idaho Falls and Twin Falls and reserve.

MAYBE we'll keep Elko and Rocksprings, but Jackson will be a 99.

Last edited:
Silliness of buying flight time that way aside, I've only had a real problem with one F/O- the "5000 hour" wonder. Aside from that, while I'd rather be single-pilot, I've never really minded having an F/O. Most are a pleasure to fly with, except like Citabria said, them sitting on my desk. :)

I used to have a 4 hour run that was 2 landings a night and I always welcomed anybody I was so bored. But I had this one jack @ss that was such a bad pilot with a prick attitude I just couldnt take him anymore. Until he bought a portable dvd player and then I let him ride along and play pilot for about 3 more months until I decided that the dvd player entertainment wasnt worth him killing me over.

Was this Jackass in PHX and does he carry the initials T.S.? If so...MEGA DITTOS! The only one who was a displeasure to fly with. Yeah, I've had some who talked crappy on the radio, couldn't land, couldn't hold altitude... But ol' T.S. took the trophy for Worst Person I've EVER Flown With.

Was this Jackass in PHX and does he carry the initials T.S.? If so...MEGA DITTOS! The only one who was a displeasure to fly with. Yeah, I've had some who talked crappy on the radio, couldn't land, couldn't hold altitude... But ol' T.S. took the trophy for Worst Person I've EVER Flown With.

LMFAO!! YES!! I was about 1 minute from PM'ing you to ask if the guy you flew with up in PDX was ole' T.S. :D

Oh the stories....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back