AMF Billings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed.

Mustang, if you are interested in the trainer thing, PM me and I'll get you in touch with the right folks.

Don't we have enough Training capts out here? Who think they know the line but have never flown it! Honestly I think theres 5-6 training capts who I havent seen once on the line.

Don't we have enough Training capts out here? Who think they know the line but have never flown it! Honestly I think theres 5-6 training capts who I havent seen once on the line.

I don't know about that since I'm in Dallas and not Burbank. But we ran an ad on ClimbTo350 on Wednesday for trainers.

Thats the nature of it. If someone is a line pilot they would rather be flying not teaching. The downside of the training captains is they have to spend a bunch of time 'flying' the sim, not something I imagine many line pilots want to do, unless they've lost their medical. When I applied to AMF I expected to be trained by a seasoned old line pilot not a fresh faced ERAU grad a decade younger than me. The other dissadvantage is, long brutal hours, but since when is flight instructing any different.

The advantages.
  1. Great experience early on in your career, must look good on a resume.
  2. Building Seniority in a good company, with possibility of Turbine PIC very early on.
  3. Better money than any other 1000 hour pilot will ever see, with time and half for instructing time. They will take a pay cut when they go online.
  4. Lots of quality time spent with Bob.
The training program just gives you the license to learn. Everyone, including training captain will have some learning to do once online by themselves.

This has to be the clincher. Heck, I may give up my spot just for that. :laugh:

Would you please? I want to upgrade.

Btw, I was under the impression that the reason the BUR training captains don't fly the line is that they don't have enough time to fly 135. Thus, they train until they get their time and then do what they came to AMF to do in the first place. Also, there are a number of training captain on this thread who do more than a fair share of line flying. Some even downgraded in equipment due to pilot shortage and are taking peak directly in the backside.

Oh yeah, that one guy, "the dot, not the feather"... LOL!

Yeah, SLC isn't the same with PanEx

citabriapilot, If "that one guy" is who I think it is I flew with him last week. He told me he was on the 99 out of SLC. He is a captain here and I had to put him on my do not fly list. God help us all when a company is that desperate for captains that he can make it.

P.S. I may not be thinking of the same guy, but I hear he has a reputation at AMF!

citabriapilot, If "that one guy" is who I think it is I flew with him last week. He told me he was on the 99 out of SLC. He is a captain here and I had to put him on my do not fly list. God help us all when a company is that desperate for captains that he can make it.

P.S. I may not be thinking of the same guy, but I hear he has a reputation at AMF!

We had two who left to go be Captains... I think I know you are talking about. The one I was referring to is high time and has a good head on his shoulders. Great guy all around.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back