Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader J
citabriapilot, If "that one guy" is who I think it is I flew with him last week. He told me he was on the 99 out of SLC. He is a captain here and I had to put him on my do not fly list. God help us all when a company is that desperate for captains that he can make it.

P.S. I may not be thinking of the same guy, but I hear he has a reputation at AMF!

No,no, no that "one guy" isn't me!!

We had two who left to go be Captains... I think I know you are talking about. The one I was referring to is high time and has a good head on his shoulders. Great guy all around.

Phew! Thanks for clearing that up Citabria. What did I tell you....Capt. E.G. made a name for himself already.

PA31 Driver,

I have heard good things about you! I look forward to flying with you!

Yes E.G. has made a name for himself...it's not a good one.

Also, there are a number of training captain on this thread who do more than a fair share of line flying. Some even downgraded in equipment due to pilot shortage and are taking peak directly in the backside.

Just because I think the part 91 training captain is one of the greatest opportunities, not so with the training captain position once you are online.

Being dual qualified gives you the opportunity to step down in planes, with the according pay cut, and take one for the team during times of need.

Also once you are online the training pay bonus goes away. You get paid time and a half for an 8 hour training day in which you will work 12 or more hours.

There's no downgrade in pay. Just in equipment, speed, altitude, and sense.

There's no downgrade in pay. Just in equipment, speed, altitude, and sense.

Or you could still be triple qualified like me and find yourself in a pa31 this morning wondering where the prop sync was, and wanting to feather the props on shutdown. The only thing that kept me goin was the metro pay, and yes, I did lose some of the little sense I still have left. Gotta love peak!

Or you could still be triple qualified like me and find yourself in a pa31 this morning

So you were getting metro pay to fly a Jo'? Not too bad. I am willing to move to get into a Turbine but if they want to qualify me in a Metro, pay me Metro pay, I would fly the Cheiftain a little while longer. It would be nice to get paid the big bucks to fly a Jo'.

So you were getting metro pay to fly a Jo'? Not too bad. I am willing to move to get into a Turbine but if they want to qualify me in a Metro, pay me Metro pay, I would fly the Cheiftain a little while longer. It would be nice to get paid the big bucks to fly a Jo'.

You have to hold a metro line and fill in with a lower plane that you are also qualified in.

An example is the guy flying SJT/AUS. When he was first checked out in a metro, his scheduled run was still a 99. So if he flew the 99, he got 99 pay. If he flew the 227, he got metro pay. Then the run changed to a metro. So now he gets metro pay, even if we needed him to fly the 99.

Hey any of you AMF in SLE or PDX remember "Will" and what ever happened to him.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back