Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Midnight Flyer

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Anybody who works for Ameristar please PM me.
Thanks!

Ameristar apparently is still looking for DC9 cargo pilots, pt 121. They say you must live in the Dallas Ft. Worth area.
Does anybody on here know what the schedule is each month?
Do you bid for your schedule?
How is the insurance?
Do they hire directly into the left seat of the dc9?
If you start as FO, what is the upgrade time?
Can you later work your way to passenger 737 charter stuff with them?
What is the hourly pay and the guarantee?
How are the hotels they use?

Thanks!!

MF

Don't don't do it man! Lol, the TW dark side. FYI you will never get into the 737. I can guarantee that. There are guys there that have spent 10 years flying 20s or 15 years in the DC9 and have never stepped foot in that 737. Don't take their carrot.

Thanks for the reply. Is it mostly Ad Hoc with a lot of sitting around in hotels?
I was told that the days off are broken up and sporadic, so you really don't have ability to plan anything in your personal life, is that accurate?

What about getting into the MD-80's from the DC-9 or DA-20?

More importantly........what about the PAY?????? did anybody bother to look at it? It's so incredibly low for a position of that sort that it's insane to even consider going there.

I think they hired a bunch of outsiders for the 80s. The Falcons have been slowing down a lot over the last couple of years. I have been told there was talk of scrapping most of them and upgrading the 5 best ones with Garretts and RVSM because they cannot compete with Royal or IFL anymore. He is trying to expand the 121 op. when i was there they were on a rotation with a decent amount of days off but about 12 days on, that may have changed. You could probably get hired off the street if you had a MD80 type. Don't think there has been any movement from the 9s over to the 80s. It is mostly adhoc on the 9s with lots of hotel exposure. They probably try to keep the hotels at 90 bucks or less. So these days hard to find a decent hotel under 90 unless the fbo has a good rate.

More importantly........what about the PAY??????

Just spoke to someone over there and this is what I was told. The pay is salary, and is just of $40,000/yr for dc9 FO and only around $10,000 more per year as CA. Also, there is no payscale, and no raises.

Latest resources

Back