• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atpcliff said:
Hi!

Draginass:

That must be their base pay. Last year at Kalitta the FOs were making about $70k.

Fly Safe!

Cliff
GRB

Those numbers are off Airlinepilotcentral, and, as stated . . ¨"at guarantee" and not including overtime, working days off, or perdiem, etc. I hear a lot of BS about how much some people make inferring that´s the basic pay. I for one do not like to sell my life to an airline, so I do not work overtime days.

Last edited:
Give me a freakin' break. TW has at best an adversarial relationship with the FW FSDO, A history of accidents, fines and violations. Running beat up, run-out POS old Falcons Lears and often grounded 73's does not generate enough cash to buy or lease and insure even a single well-maintained, fly anywhere in the world Polar B747-200F, not to mention the costs associated with the fleet of lawyers and consultants it would take for the FAA to award AJI an international operating certificate for heavy jets. (Never happen)

This guy can't even afford to RVSM your birds. (Or fix them properly for that matter.) You claim AJI has government contracts for Iraq and the Stan's? BFS! Post the link to the federal register. I'll pay for your 74 type rating if you can show me that. AMC does not sign 15 year contracts for strat airlift "reach" flying. Not even Uncle Dell at Evergreen has that kind of cozy arrangement.

VS19k, kindly take your imaginary flame-bait elsewhere. You're either very gullible, very naive, (Read that stupid) or BOTH.

LJDRVR:

You have real fond memories:
Pop quiz:
A) You walked before your contract was up and got sued
B) You were passed up to fly the 737’s or DC9’s
C) You are one of those guys that learned to fly so you could wear a uniform and walk through the terminal, so you will never be happy unless you work where you wear a uniform and walk through the terminal.
D) All of the above

Do not presume to have knowledge of the 73 or DC9 operation because your ignorance is obvious

I lost friends in those crashes and have said all I care, do a search but again your ignorance is obvious.

Mr. LJDRVR if you worked at Ameristar obviously you were unhappy and will have an unfavorable opinion no matter what, in fact I wager that you were so miserable that you made everyone you flew with miserable so it is just as well you moved on. I hope you are happy flying that RJ and jerking gear for a 10 year captain making less than a 737/ DC9 FO.

You have a nice day sir:

Dear Loco,

Actually, none of the above. I love freight dogs. Hell, I was one. I flew PAX Lears, however. I've flown with several ex-AJI folks, and have nothing but respect for them. I have, however, heard first-person knowledge about Ameristar and that of it's owner's reputation for years now. That, coupled with a cursory knowledge of how the industry works led me to comment that the original poster's assertion is completely fabricated BS, done for his own amusement.

My allusion to accidents was simply to illustrate that both the FAA and AMC look closely at the history of a certificate holder when they are attempting to greatly expand the size or scope of their operation. Or, in the case of AMC, be awarded CRAF status or contracts. Please don't take it as commentary on your friends that are no longer with us. (I too, have three of those.) As a "Safety Guy" I'll be the last one to cast stones, there are far more talented pilots than I who have got to meet Elvis.

My vitriol is reserved for the instigator stirring up the pot with his lame rumor-mongering. I have nothing but respect for Ameristar pilots, you folks put up with a lot of crap you shouldn't have to.

Take Care,

Last edited:
LJDRVR said:
Dear Loco,

Actually, none of the above. I love freight dogs. Hell, I was one. I flew PAX Lears, however. I've flown with several ex-AJI folks, and have nothing but respect for them. I have, however, heard first-person knowledge about Ameristar and that of it's owner's reputation for years now. That, coupled with a cursory knowledge of how the industry works led me to comment that the original poster's assertion is completely fabricated BS, done for his own amusement.

My allusion to accidents was simply to illustrate that both the FAA and AMC look closely at the history of a certificate holder when they are attempting to greatly expand the size or scope of their operation. Or, in the case of AMC, be awarded CRAF status or contracts. Please don't take it as commentary on your friends that are no longer with us. (I too, have three of those.) As a "Safety Guy" I'll be the last one to cast stones, there are far more talented pilots than I who have got to meet Elvis.

My vitriol is reserved for the instigator stirring up the pot with his lame rumor-mongering. I have nothing but respect for Ameristar pilots, you folks put up with a lot of crap you shouldn't have to.

Take Care,

Classy response. Not enough of that around here most of the time......

LJDRVR said:
Give me a freakin' break. TW has at best an adversarial relationship with the FW FSDO, A history of accidents, fines and violations. Running beat up, run-out POS old Falcons Lears and often grounded 73's does not generate enough cash to buy or lease and insure even a single well-maintained, fly anywhere in the world Polar B747-200F, not to mention the costs associated with the fleet of lawyers and consultants it would take for the FAA to award AJI an international operating certificate for heavy jets. (Never happen) ......Who said it was going to be well maintained?

This guy can't even afford to RVSM your birds. (Or fix them properly for that matter.) You claim AJI has government contracts for Iraq and the Stan's? BFS! Post the link to the federal register. I'll pay for your 74 type rating if you can show me that. AMC does not sign 15 year contracts for strat airlift "reach" flying. Not even Uncle Dell at Evergreen has that kind of cozy arrangement.....

VS19k, kindly take your imaginary flame-bait elsewhere. You're either very gullible, very naive, (Read that stupid) or BOTH.

Someone needs to check this guys blood psi.

Last edited:
No, tongue in cheek doesn't come acros on the internet. :cool: Enjoy your new fleet of 747's flying your 15 year government contracts.

Latest resources

Back