Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atpcliff said:
until the pay came back to normal

Which took a total of 3 months, then the pay was back to normal. But most importantly JUS lost about 15 pilots during the months afterwards. So they'll think long and hard before they pull a stunt like that again. Management got the message.

Question is whether Ameristar's pilots are going to just take this abuse or do something about it. Bragging about mileage pay is only gonna take you so far.

It is a very slow August, everyone in the on-demand cargo is feeling hte smae thing right now. Thanks goodness for passenger flying

pilotyip said:
It is a very slow August, everyone in the on-demand cargo is feeling hte smae thing right now. Thanks goodness for passenger flying

But Randy, most of your potential passengers are Ford employees!

You Ameristar guys do like the JUS guys, get a union vote, that will scare ole wachendorfer. If not you get representation and a contract.

na I don't fly that airplane it has a nose wheel. If it has round engines it should have a tail wheel. C-47 and B-17 are my birds.

Frieghtnasy, for those Ford passengers, the corp charter is a samll part of our flying. It is the athletic charters where the business booms, NCAA, Pro's etc.

Honeycomb thinks he is the master of the universe in job searching and negociating.But lets not forget in any industry you will do whatever to get a start.5 on 2 off and a jet, if your a cfi you will jumpon it. i flew ondemand found a better job, had a contract said bye bye and end of story. Its supply and demand, when i worked at a 135 bottom feeder and saw the dudes at Ameristar and Usa Jet in laredo i thought they were very lucky. Now days im fying a old heavy jet international and wish I was at Eva or Cathay.
Bottom line do what ya gotta due till you get what you want. Why not the airlines do it.

Latest resources

Back