• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameristar is looking for YIP Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You say your a "foreigner," so I'm assuming you're not a citizen. You've lived and worked in the United States for 14 years, have a family here, and you haven't bothered to become a citizen?

It sounds to me like either you're an illegal alien or don't want to become a citizen. If I looked at your application and thought either of those things, I'd not be thinking favorable thoughts.

Also, I doubt 560 hours is competitive.

pilotyip said:
Ameristar's record is not in the same ballpark as TC. Nor is Kalitta, Cherry Air, Murray, etc. I don't even think TC is an option after TC rode one in.
Yeah I was talking about Try Costal, not being serious though. On a serious note Freight Runners Express is currently looking for Beech 99 On-Demand Captains to be based in Milwaukee, WI. Good pay and Single Pilot Turbine PIC with no auto pilot makes darn good pilots. Intrested applicants should send a resume to [email protected] or fax resume to 414-744-4850. No phone calls please, and if you can't follow directions and do decide to call there is no chance in hell that you will be hired!

1678 you seem to have simplified the screening process. 1544.101(d)states that Ameristar must adopt the 12-5 security program. You are not privy to the TTSSP contents. The process is streamlined for big training companies like Simuflite and Flight safety and large airlines but not for small carriers like Ameristar. Those companies are on entirely different programs. Bottom line is that unless you hold a US passport Ameristar cannot even begin to train you unless you have been approved by the TSA. There are several steps that you as a non-US passport holder must do before this process can even begin. Please go to the TSA website and research before accusing discrimination or laziness.

“Draginass”:
Your insight is “admirable”. Why should I have to abandon my original citizenship? I don’t change because my passport changes. I am not against going through the screening process. I am not against the security requirements. I have to pay for the process myself.

I know a lot of US citizens living in other countries, have family and work there and have no intentions of returning to the US. Should they have to give up their US citizenship, I for one don’t think so.

Furthermore, you haven’t seen my application and even if you did, most applications have no reference to Nationality, they ask if you are a US citizen or have the legal right (green card, etc.) to work and travel unrestricted across the border.

“no1uknow”
I know there is a process for the air operators to go through also. I also know very well, that to get the correct information is not always easy.
But as far as I can see, section 1544 has to deal with the Security program that an air operator has to have in place in order to satisfy the TSA Security requirements, regardless of the pilot being a US citizen or not.

And I have researched the TSA info; I am not saying it is effortless, yes it takes some paperwork; however, the process is not to complicated. I have been through it. I am not against this in any form. What I am objecting to is the fact that a few operators hide behind this paper work to avoid even considering non-US citizens. Now, some operators’ deal with National defense security contracts or other government contracts, which because of national security or military value HAS TO HAVE PILOTS WITH US CITIZENSHIP, this is justified and would be the same anywhere.

the website says 2000TT 1000ME PIC, lear or falcon experience a plus. the ad is posted over at planejobs.com. they didn't post any minimums under the requirements section so maybe they'll take lower time.

Twotter76 said:
Ahh but the real question is do we need to know anyone inside to get noticed? What are competitive mins for this type job?

Why would a company not want to hire a non-Us citizen? I don't undrstand your point there? Also, I did not receive a resume. You have not followed the proper steps.
1. You send resume to company
2. If you meet the requirements and have some solid flying experience the company calls you.
3. Set up interview
4. Job offer

not post negative comments on web boards

All a company needs to do is post a pilot job on this web board and the aviation job recruiters cut and paste to thier site. Our minimums as posted on our web site is 2000TT 1000 multi pic.

600 hrs., $hitty--not my fault attitude, yea...i dont know why they don't call.

The times of the recent hires have all been right at what was stated and most have had previous 135 jobs. I dont know if they will take lower bc upgrades seem to be coming rather quickly. I love it here and would recommend it to anyone.

Good flying to all!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back