Ameristar is looking for YIP Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

no1uknow

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ameristar Jet Charter, Inc., a leading part 135, on demand Airfreight Company, is immediately seeking Ypsilanti, Michigan based first officers. Ameristar frequently conducts flights to remote airports, day and night, throughout North and South America in all types of weather conditions. Candidates for consideration must possess strong instrument flying skills and the ability to make timely operational decisions. Offers of employment are contingent upon signing an 18 month training agreement, non-compete agreement, and confidentiality agreement on date of hire. Our pilots enjoy a competitive salary, excellent health benefits package including 401(K) and life insurance. Visit our website at www.ameristarjet.com for a company profile. Only candidates authorized to work in the US will be considered. Fax resume to: 972-248-9505 or Email: [email protected] in MSWord format.[/font]

No college degree required, fast track to TJ PIC, this is the job that will build resume gold for the 2007 hiring boom, starting in June of 2007.

pilotyip said:
No college degree required, fast track to TJ PIC, this is the job that will build resume gold for the 2007 hiring boom, starting in June of 2007.
Yeah, there will be a hiring boom. But monetarily, the way salaries are going, one will take a lifelong paycut leaving Ameristar. Better off staying put by then.

On-demand business

On-demand business is one of the best places to develope your skill as a Captain. So if there is chance to get into a job flying jets in the on-demand business it should be looked into.

Ahh but the real question is do we need to know anyone inside to get noticed? What are competitive mins for this type job?

Hey pilotyip, since you are pushing PIC positions in the on-demand market what about TC air? Or is that one you would you wisely suggest running away from.

Are you talking about Try Coasting Air?

Ameristar's record is not in the same ballpark as TC. Nor is Kalitta, Cherry Air, Murray, etc. I don't even think TC is an option after TC rode one in.

Last edited:
Would have loved to get the PIC JET time at Ameristar. However, they will not hire foreigners. Even tried to tell me that TSA and Federal regs wouldn’t let them. DOJ is out of the picture, and
correctly TSA is now in charge, but this is just a paper process that takes 5 business days for expedited processing or max 30 days for normal processing. Furthermore, this waiting time only applies to Simulator and or Aircraft flight training, indoc and other ground theory can start immediately.

Am I bitter? Somewhat. I have lived and flown for more than 14 years here.
I have a family here. And now I can't get a job here because companies don't want to take a couple of hours to file this paper work with TSA.
But again, I guess they can hire whomever they want,

I JUST DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE ALLOWED TO DISCRIMINATE.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back