• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amerijet Scabs/Jumpseat Heads Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When airline pilots go on strike, the MEC should release the names of striking union pilots (with their permission of course). This way other pilots can immediately identify by deduction who is a scab, by not being on the "good list".

When airline pilots go on strike, the MEC should release the names of striking union pilots (with their permission of course). This way other pilots can immediately identify by deduction who is a scab, by not being on the "good list".

Good thought, but it might fall apart after a few days. You can bet that in any strike, there will be a certain percentage who can be seen screaming at Scabs with a torch and pitchfork while walking on the picket line, and on day 4, they suddenly go "NORDO".
Phone calls from SPC about picket line duty go unanswered. Voicemail requests from fellow strikers go unanswered. The window shades are drawn at home. And suprisingly, a grainy picture emerges of the "tough guy" hiding on the floor of a SCAB van coming out a SITA checkpoint.

Meanwhile, the rest of the industry has a 3 day old strike list showing him as a "good guy"

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Please pull for the Amerijet cause. Worst outfit I ever worked for. I knew I needed to find a new job while still in initial training. I wish them all them best. They have been dealing with conditions most of us wouldn't believe.

Have we confirmed if a striking Amerijet pilot CAN even jumpseat. It would be an easy thing for the company to just turn off their CASS computer.

As far as most of the "don't use the jumpseat as a weapon against scabs" is probably because the definition of "scab" has become so broad, which in my view cheapens the word and makes "scabs" more acceptable. It is not someone that flies for an alter ego, flies for a non-union carrer, or flies for some other outfit that has torqued off some other outfit...

a SCAB is someone who flies for a company while that company has pilots on strike.

For these people I say deny the jumpseat, don't let them back into ALPA, it's sterile on the flight deck if you're flying with them, and if some used baby diapers end up in their flight cases then yahoo!

Later

Whether you agree with this or not, ALPA's goal is to get every airline pilot in the United States speaking with one voice under the ALPA umbrella so to speak.

God I hope not. We will end up with a single national seniority list. Imagine upgrading then some carrier goes under dumping a couple of thousand pilots senior to you in the woodpile. You could end up going back to the right seat for years and jerking gear for some old timer with only a few weeks at your company.

No thanks!

Latest resources

Back