• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amerijet Scabs/Jumpseat Heads Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe the pilots on strike have been terminated. Do they even have an ID with which to jumpseat? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

shootr

Since we're at our favorite topic in our big dysfunctional pilot family, make sure you check the ID for G7 aka GoJet. Don't care about their irrational explanations, they're Scabs, unscrupulous backstabbers etc. Do me and my colleagues a favor and let them walk!

Once a skier always a skier!

Ah. Common sense. Roger. Thank you.

By the way, there is a delegation of weasels here who wish to have a word with you regarding your choice of metaphor. They don't look happy.

Three of them are picketing my house right now. Two of them are overweight radical lesbian weasels, the third is a skinny hippy weasel dude, but has a hot looking ferret girlfriend sleeping in the mini-car.

Once our Lab wakes up, the protest will be over :laugh:

That's a rather arrogant presumption. You believe anyone with an Amerijet ID, jumpseating, must be a scab. Not an Amerijet crewmember going home, going to see family, traveling to a job interview, going to Miami to walk the picket line...but in your narrow view the only reason an Amerijet pilot might need to jumpseat is in order to take a scab flight?

Upon what justification do you base such a narrow view?

Except for those represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsers, of course. Or the Southwest Pilot Association. Or...

I have already been set straight by someone less grouchy and arrogant than you. If you wish, you can go back to the first page and read both the correction and my humble acceptance thereof.

Where was your indignation when ALPA let the scabs back in the union? There were plenty of us pissed. Plus I can't tell you how many times people have said on this forum that the jumseat should not be used as a weapon? I disagree with them. No union, no jumpseat. You scab you buy a ID90/ZED. Which is it folks? Are we against scabs or are we not? Yes. Do we deny jumpseats or don't we? Yes.

I think the scabs should have never been allowed back in the union, and I also think it's perfectly acceptable to deny the jumpseat for any number of reasons. I agree 100%.

Tell me, should I check every CAL or Airtran pilot before I let them on the jumpseat? I do and even as an FO I will point it out to the capt. Cause if you answer no you are a hypocrit.[/QUOTE] We must never forget, or let them forget what they did.. PS this should also include the RJDC instigators.

reasons.

Tell me, should I check every CAL or Airtran pilot before I let them on the jumpseat? Cause if you answer no you are a hypocrit.

I have actually had a few guys do this about 7 or 8 years ago, which gave me a chuckle.

Eastern was 1989, or 20 years ago. If the guy doesn't look like he was flying 20 years ago, he's not going to be on the list, but if you're looking, you might want to check ALL pilots on there, since UAL's got 'em, Comair, and I would guess SWA and the others have probably hired some.

These guys are standing strong. Kudo's to the Unions that are supporting the Amerijet Pilots:

APA (American)
UPS
USAPA (East AND West)
SWAPA
IBT Local 1224 (Atlas, ABX, Polar & Kalitta)
IBT Local 747 (ATI, Arrow, Great Lakes, Republic, Gulfstream, Horizon,
Miami Air, North American, Omni & USA3000)
Non union cargo pilots in the Miami area

M

Can someone please provide me contact info for there union officers or Strike Chairman? I am trying to get our MEC to support our brothers and sisters on Strike at Amerijet, if not at least my LEC. Just left Prater a VM, I am very unhappy (being kind) that ALPA hasn't come out in strong support.

Fraternally,

Jayson Baron
CAL LEC 170 Chairman
[email protected]

Last edited:
Excellent idea. PM me as well with names and contact info. I'd like to forward that information up the chain at UA ALPA as well.

Latest resources

Back