Amerijet Fe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where's the FAA?

This operation needs some oversight if all this is true. Has anyone ever contacted the MIA FSDO anonomously on any of these violations?
glasspilot said:
I work for Amerijet now as an FO. Let me tell you that Amerijet is the worst run company I have ever seen. They treat pilots like crap and the pay is terrible. I was promissed 60K a year as an FO and 100K as a CA. Upgrade in "3 to 6 months". Well, I make around 30-35K a year as an FO and upgrade is not in sight as they are getting rid of two planes (out of 9) later this year due to an AD.

They are the only airline I've ever heard of that hires while they are furloughing at the same time. My health insurance cost OVER $700 per month. There are no Lavs on any of the planes. You are required to print you own Jepps at your cost. Because of this requirement all of the CAs fly with out dated plates. They provide no manuals or books. That's right. All of the operations books are on the internet. When something changes you have no idea. Want to review a procedure? Go surf the web. Something you want to look up while flying? Go get the Airplane manual, and look through something you're not familiar with...a book.

Mx is spotty at best. Nothing get written up on the road. They save it all for MIA. When dmi's expire they "fix it" and then re-write it up to get a fresh deferal period. They have swapped engines from one plane to another to mask repeated write ups. (the writes up stop in one logbook only to pop up on another in hopes the FAA won't notice.) The Chief Pilot issues no read files. Instead when ever something goes wrong he sends an e-mail to everyone. These e-mails are not tracked and there is no way to go back and retreive old ones. Most of the captains were hired onto the panel with very low time. As a result of this being their only company and the poor training at this company there are some very unusual interpertations of regs and procedures.

PreContact said:
This operation needs some oversight if all this is true. Has anyone ever contacted the MIA FSDO anonomously on any of these violations?

Yes when I worked there someone did. And the company kept the pressure up until they found a reason to get rid of him. He reported some major safety violations that happened when I was still there. NOTHING ever happened. The FAA is as crooked as the guys who run the airlines here. That's how it works in South Florida. Haven't you ever wondered why so many shady operators run down here?

PreContact said:

I agree.

Yes when I worked there someone did. And the company kept the pressure up until they found a reason to get rid of him. He reported some major safety violations that happened when I was still there. NOTHING ever happened. The FAA is as crooked as the guys who run the airlines here. That's how it works in South Florida. Haven't you ever wondered why so many shady operators run down here?

What is the POI doing? his/her boss is not local, so their butt is on the line if anything were to happen and an investigation found out it has been an on going problem.

Last edited:
There are various types of airlines, Majors ,nationals, regionals and yes MIAMI. My advice go the normal route. CFI PROP RJ and then something bigger. Stay away from 121 suplemental.

federico said:
There are various types of airlines, Majors ,nationals, regionals and yes MIAMI. My advice go the normal route. CFI PROP RJ and then something bigger. Stay away from 121 suplemental.

ABX and FedEx are 121 supplemental carriers and complete opposite of Amerijet. It depends on how the owners/management want the airline to be. But safety should ALWAYS come before $$$. No life is worth any amount you can stuff in your pockets or job you are working. And if you are working for a carrier that thinks different, you should not be working there. If you were to be in a situation that would threaten your life, how much would you give or do to not be in that situation. But by then it may be too late.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back