Amerijet Fe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amerijet Airlines

In response to your questions. Amerijet still hiring F/E's for the 727. As of now the policy is if you hire as an engineer you stay on that seat.They are also hiring for the right seat as long as you have the time. Not a bad company to work for, but you have to live in South Florida.We fly to some beautifull islands on the Caribbean and very seldom overnight . We are also the ONLY airline in the world certified by the FAA to do the " ZERO GRAVITY FLIGHTS"

Last edited:
From where I'm sitting with alot more time than you and some type ratings....unless you want a career as an FE it is not a move up for you wanting to go into the right seat man. These south florida companies can be real shady and if guys are telling you that upgrade chances are slim and that you stay in the FE seat if hired into it.....i dont think 20,000hrs as an FE will do squat for you when you want to move on to another FLYING job.
jmho.....

Yeah, I see your point. But I also can't see an outfit crapping all over a guy who has 1,000 or 2 hours as an F/E with them, who gets his ATP, by not ever giving him a chance to upgrade.

I guess thats what you meant by shady.

Amerijet Airlines

Friends, Amerijet has been in business for almost 30 years,400 employees worldwide and 56 stations. And by the way owned by a multimillion company.
We used to upgrade from the panel and most of our captains came from there. As of now the upgrades to the left are from the right seat. We just upgraded 2 captains with less than a year on the right. Upgrades are quick ( if you have the time) since we are loosing guys to FEDEX,UPS and JETBLUE.

IFollowRoads said:
Yeah, I see your point. But I also can't see an outfit crapping all over a guy who has 1,000 or 2 hours as an F/E with them, who gets his ATP, by not ever giving him a chance to upgrade.

I guess thats what you meant by shady.

I hear that Amerijet has no lavs onboard.

Make sure you use the restroom before your flight or bring a bag, otherwise you will be crapping all over yourself.

A friend of mine works there, they WILL NOT UPGRADE FROM THE PANEL to the right seat. They want guys with an A&P so they can to defer stuff till they get back to mia. The other reason they want their FE’s to have a commercial is a FAR to do with training. IF an FE applicant has his/her commercial then all training and check ride can be done in the sim. If not, then the applicant need 4 hours of FLIGHT training before check ride(which is too expensive). Amerijet has found a small pool of guys with an A&P and 250 hours and a wet commercial and are WILLING TO PAY ($7500 )FOR THEIR OWN FE ticket. Not to be a conspiracy nut, but the chief pilot works on the side for Aeroservies, and supposedly he gets some kind of kick back for every guy that they get to sign up for the program. From what I hear, they treat the FE’s like crap and have a high turnover rate, but they don’t care because they have a number of guys willing to buy more FE’s tickets and so on.

This is not a good career move for a low time guy. For guys with 3000-4000TT going there would be a different story.

old 727 said:
As of now the upgrades to the left are from the right seat. We just upgraded 2 captains with less than a year on the right. Upgrades are quick ( if you have the time) since we are loosing guys to FEDEX,UPS and JETBLUE.
I've been interested in AJ for a while, and am famliar with their contract with Zero G. What would competitive mins be for an FO? I've talked to EC a few times, a real nice guy but I could never could get a straight answer out of him. He threw around a few numbers...

This would be coming from an RJ. Any TPIC required?

Last edited:
old 727 said:
In response to your questions. Amerijet still hiring F/E's for the 727. As of now the policy is if you hire as an engineer you stay on that seat.They are also hiring for the right seat as long as you have the time. Not a bad company to work for, but you have to live in South Florida.We fly to some beautifull islands on the Caribbean and very seldom overnight . We are also the ONLY airline in the world certified by the FAA to do the " ZERO GRAVITY FLIGHTS"

You meant to say ONLY airline in the U.S. certified to do Zero G, by the FAA is understood. Outside of the FAA controls, you can get Zero G flights in Russia.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back