• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amerijet Fe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3000-4000tt with a good amount of PIC and Turbin. Zero G flight go WAY SENIOR, as a new guy you can forget abuot ever doing it.

PA-44Typed said:
3000-4000tt with a good amount of PIC and Turbin. Zero G flight go WAY SENIOR, as a new guy you can forget abuot ever doing it.
Is that TURBINE PIC or just turbine and PIC. IE I have ~ 1850 PIC, but zero turbine PIC.

I understand the zero g stuff is senior, I'm just specifically talking about hiring as an FO.

Is EC still the CP?

to all low time guys.....

Guys, listen up. I once worked for one of the shady south fl cargo companies on the 727 so i have first hand knowledge of that whole area myself. I consider myself fortunate to have done so as I have gained invaluable experience, but am most fortunate to get out without a violation and with my ass in one piece! I think one guy on here is on an RJ and wants to fly a 727? that is nuts! stay in the rj and keep getting your PILOT time in EFIS equipment! companies want quality flying time with current equipment! hiring on to the panel is ludicrous when you want a long term flying career. you guys have no idea how much worse some of these companies CAN BE even as compared to say an ornstein. He is shady and and overall %$#@!!!
but these companies will try and throw out the FAR on a regular basis. Their interpretations of crew and duty time issues are crazy and put you in the danger zone. Try calling fatigue and you may very well face termination! That's even if you have a captain with a backbone and isnt a company man and will be happy to run a 24 hr duty day in international supplemental operations with a 3 person crew! yes, this is legal, and can happen especially when mx, or wx delays happen. Will they take your PFT money even though they know that they will be furlouging shortly, absolutely!!!
Will they try and have a non A&P FE try and sign off and defer something that requires a MX guy's signature...hell yes! will they not have a hotel for you when you get to nicaragua after a max duty day because someone forgot to make a reservation for you?....yeap!....and you will still have to wait till 9am ET for the person with the authority to use the company card to call the hotel and make the reservation for you.....yeap that has happened!
I became an expert on interpreting the MEL and all applicable duties relating to deffering items...i still know that C items are only valid for 10 calendar days...not 10 flying days as they try and make you believe.....when there are MX functions as part of the defferment including deactivation of certain things as well as collaring certain breakers.....i know that is something that i cannot do, even with the DO on the phone yelling at you that yes you can!
(note, he should be talking to the captain, but like i said before when you have spinless captains, they will defer all company ******************** like this to the poor ol bastard who should not have to deal with this)
these are all things that happen, but you wouldnt think so.....there are other things but i think you guys get the idea.....forget the FE seat and if you are flying rj equipment stay in there because i can guarantee you that 10000 hours as an rj pilot is more valuable than 10000 in a 727 fo seat......now unless you want some punishment and are desperate for any time and dont care about getting stuck in an FE seat and look forward to these 'challenges'....then this could be the job for you! I loved the experience that i got and it wasnt all bad....but i just want to warn you neophytes that yes it can be that bad, it can be downright dangerous with their bull******************** (just because its legal doesnt mean its smart) and you can get violated if you allow them to push you into doing something that you shouldnt......cause the FAA can get you months later when they audit records and if they see multiple violations by you on similar ********************.....kiss your violation free career goodbye......

funny how a violation kinda changes things doesnt it?

I would advise anyone to not work at a 121 carrier without a union. That's the only thing that can saave your a$$/job/certificate now days. Freight companies are infamous for flaunting regs and the crews pay the price. As the previous poster pointed out there are no duty time limits for 121 supplemental,our contract limit is 18 hours-still long, but it sure beats 24.

A union is not the save-all that everyone thinks that it is. I believe it is a necessary evil at places run by ornsteins types, but as ALPA has proven time and time again through the decades....they sure aren't the saviour that people from pan am, eastern, twa, comair, and multiple scores of burned pilots can attest to because face it, when the ******************** hits the fan....everyone is out for their self collectively. Why else would the work out a prohibitive contract for mainline, then turn around to the regional partner that they also represent and try and get them their 'fair' share!
ha! well see just how they wiggle out of scores of lawsuits.....
now the regs posted on here were correct.....just remember the company can augment crews thereby increasing time to 12 hours of flying with over 18 hours of duty with the proper number of 'augmented' crew to make a bos-aua-bos route legal! yes i know you can get rest.....but for smaller companies that run 149 seat 737-300's that amounts to you sitting in a cabin seat(probably the middle) with 149 other pissed off people pissed about the cramped quarters......try and get your rest then....then repeat over and over again over your tenure there.......neophytes......this can happen at the majors as well. If anyone remembers a couple of years ago AMR tried this with their pilots when they swapped dc-10's with 767's on DFW-HNL route. they were augmenting their crews so that they can do that roundtrip...the same day!...were talking about close to 15 hours of flying in one day!
this may sounds great to a low time pilot......but anyone worth their jet time in airliners....knows the sillyness of this.

I work for Amerijet now as an FO. Let me tell you that Amerijet is the worst run company I have ever seen. They treat pilots like crap and the pay is terrible. I was promissed 60K a year as an FO and 100K as a CA. Upgrade in "3 to 6 months". Well, I make around 30-35K a year as an FO and upgrade is not in sight as they are getting rid of two planes (out of 9) later this year due to an AD.

They are the only airline I've ever heard of that hires while they are furloughing at the same time. My health insurance cost OVER $700 per month. There are no Lavs on any of the planes. You are required to print you own Jepps at your cost. Because of this requirement all of the CAs fly with out dated plates. They provide no manuals or books. That's right. All of the operations books are on the internet. When something changes you have no idea. Want to review a procedure? Go surf the web. Something you want to look up while flying? Go get the Airplane manual, and look through something you're not familiar with...a book.

Mx is spotty at best. Nothing get written up on the road. They save it all for MIA. When dmi's expire they "fix it" and then re-write it up to get a fresh deferal period. They have swapped engines from one plane to another to mask repeated write ups. (the writes up stop in one logbook only to pop up on another in hopes the FAA won't notice.) The Chief Pilot issues no read files. Instead when ever something goes wrong he sends an e-mail to everyone. These e-mails are not tracked and there is no way to go back and retreive old ones. Most of the captains were hired onto the panel with very low time. As a result of this being their only company and the poor training at this company there are some very unusual interpertations of regs and procedures.

The pilots voted a union a few years ago and the company has fought it tooth and nail. They are now going to mediation. I'm sure the pilots will be to strike after a cooling off period some time this year or early next. The companies stratagy is to hire as many pilots as possible in an effort to keep the planes flying with whatever percent cross the line. The union is very weak. There if very little communication from the union and there are several ex-Eastern Scabs on the property.

The equipment is not standardized nor is any effort made to do so. The seats are not comfortable. One plane had either perfume or embalming fluid spill (depending on the rumor) but the end result is it stinks to high heaven. It's nausiating to fly. One pilot was fired because he injured his shoulder and was not here long enough to receive medical leave. If you call in sick with no sick time they dock your guarentee 5 hours (even though a sick day is only 2.5) and your sick time goes into the negitive. So now your sick counter is MINUS 4 or 5 hours. It'll take months to just get back to ZERO!!!

So...all and all I'm very happy here. Have a nice day.

What about that kid from Missouri that went to Aeroservice and bought his F/E, now he is flying with Amerijet I'm pretty sure. 250tt Comm and A&P according to the ad in "FLYING" magazine. Do you know this guy? How is he feeling after pft and no hope for an upgrade?

No lavatory? Jeez. I'll never complain about being the "Kernal of the Yurnal" on the B200 again...

glasspilot said:
I work for Amerijet now as an FO. Let me tell you that Amerijet is the worst run company I have ever seen. They treat pilots like crap and the pay is terrible. I was promissed 60K a year as an FO and 100K as a CA. Upgrade in "3 to 6 months". Well, I make around 30-35K a year as an FO and upgrade is not in sight as they are getting rid of two planes (out of 9) later this year due to an AD.

They are the only airline I've ever heard of that hires while they are furloughing at the same time. My health insurance cost OVER $700 per month. There are no Lavs on any of the planes. You are required to print you own Jepps at your cost. Because of this requirement all of the CAs fly with out dated plates. They provide no manuals or books. That's right. All of the operations books are on the internet. When something changes you have no idea. Want to review a procedure? Go surf the web. Something you want to look up while flying? Go get the Airplane manual, and look through something you're not familiar with...a book.

Mx is spotty at best. Nothing get written up on the road. They save it all for MIA. When dmi's expire they "fix it" and then re-write it up to get a fresh deferal period. They have swapped engines from one plane to another to mask repeated write ups. (the writes up stop in one logbook only to pop up on another in hopes the FAA won't notice.) The Chief Pilot issues no read files. Instead when ever something goes wrong he sends an e-mail to everyone. These e-mails are not tracked and there is no way to go back and retreive old ones. Most of the captains were hired onto the panel with very low time. As a result of this being their only company and the poor training at this company there are some very unusual interpertations of regs and procedures.

The pilots voted a union a few years ago and the company has fought it tooth and nail. They are now going to mediation. I'm sure the pilots will be to strike after a cooling off period some time this year or early next. The companies stratagy is to hire as many pilots as possible in an effort to keep the planes flying with whatever percent cross the line. The union is very weak. There if very little communication from the union and there are several ex-Eastern Scabs on the property.

The equipment is not standardized nor is any effort made to do so. The seats are not comfortable. One plane had either perfume or embalming fluid spill (depending on the rumor) but the end result is it stinks to high heaven. It's nausiating to fly. One pilot was fired because he injured his shoulder and was not here long enough to receive medical leave. If you call in sick with no sick time they dock your guarentee 5 hours (even though a sick day is only 2.5) and your sick time goes into the negitive. So now your sick counter is MINUS 4 or 5 hours. It'll take months to just get back to ZERO!!!

So...all and all I'm very happy here. Have a nice day.

Very well said. I had to drop 4 days due to the Air Guard once. I still flew 53 hours that month. With the 5 hour a day penalty they charged me for having to drop 4 days I got paid for 45 hours that month instead of 65. I immediately went on fulltime active duty with the Guard after that. I find flying in and out of the middle east much safer and enjoyable than flying for them. I'm sorry to hear the union is so weak there. I do hope you are able to find a job someplace else soon. Be safe.

Glass Pilot

Hey man, I feel your pain!!! I cant believe that amerijet is that bad!! I have to say that I didnt get it that bad. I cant believe that you guys have to get your own jepp charts at your own costs! No lavs, DMI fixes then rewrites, engines swaps and all that other crazy ******************** is unbelievable!
I once showed up to the ramp and found a 727-100 ex twa bird there!
for those that have flown ex-twa birds before and are currently in a 727,...you know how screwy and non-standard those planes can be when compared to normally configured (if that even exists) 72's.....
not only were we not given 2 sec's of transition training nor did we even get a sheet of paper with anything on it......Guess who had the privelage of writing the differences manual on it?...yup! ME! the director of training told me to get er done....i was like wtf? over?
Glasspilot hope you get out soon.....cause no one deserves that kind of ******************** treatment at all.....total horse******************** that company is!
sorry to hear that!

IFollowRoads said:
What about that kid from Missouri that went to Aeroservice and bought his F/E, now he is flying with Amerijet I'm pretty sure. 250tt Comm and A&P according to the ad in "FLYING" magazine. Do you know this guy? How is he feeling after pft and no hope for an upgrade?

I know him and he is an optimist, no way he'll upgrade with his low time I'm afraid.

Latest resources

Back